"An Unforgettable Vacation In Kaghan (Kagan) Valley" Top 5 Page for this destination Naran by Bokhari76
Naran Travel Guide: 149 reviews and 248 photos
Kaghan Valley is a 160 km long valley situated in Mansehra District of Hazara Divistion in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. It is the Jewel of Pakistani Valleys and most popular summer holiday spot for Pakistanis and foreigners.
Mansehra is the nearest big city. You can reach from Islamabad via Daewoo Express Air Conditioned Bus through Abbotabad. From Mansehra you have to get Hiace /Van for Balakot.
Note: Budget Travellers should take public Conveyance till Naran. Otherwise you can hire private Car/Jeep from Abbotabad fo the complete journey. Doing this you can enjoy more sight seeing on the way from Abbotabad onwards.
Now you will be travelling on N-15 National Highway from Mansehra to Chilas via NARAN, KAGHAN, BATAKUNDI. Whole Road is 240 km Long.
From Balakot you can get direct conveyance to NARAN.
If you have personal conveyance then you can directly go to Shogran, Naran or ahead to Jalkhad. Road condition is fine. There are a couple of glaciers in the early tourist season (before may) which are difficult to cross via car. From Mid June onwards road to Naran is open for regular cars.
If you are driving, always start early in the morning to safely reach your destination well before dark.
ISLAMABAD >> ABBOTABAD >> MANSEHRA >> BALAKOT >> NARAN
ISLAMABAD >> ABBOTABAD >> MANSEHRA >> BALAKOT >> SHOGRAN
Kaghan: is the town which gives the valley its name. It is located at a distance of 61 km from Balakot. Kaghan has a hospital, post office, police station and a small bazaar for where you can get items of daily use. People Usually don't stay there. Because there is not much to see here. Therefore you can stopover here. Can have tea or lunch & then leave to Naran.
Naran: is the main centre of tourism activities in Kaghan Valley. It is located 85 km from Balakot. The town is situated on the bank of Kunhar River at a point where valley widens. With more than 100 hotels Naran is the main base for most tourists.
You can have a day trip on Jeep to Lake Saiful Maluk, which is 9 km away form Naran & further to Lake Aansoo
You can also have a day trip to Lalazar which is 21 km from Naran.
SHOGRANOn the way from BALAKOT to NARAN, There is a place called Kewai, from where you can go to SHOGRAN. It is 7 km from Kewai. it is really worth to see, there are lot of hotels so you can stay there, and from there you can goto SRI, and PAYE, it is must see place, you will love these places. Journey on this track consumes one full day.
KEWAIis a nice stop over on the way to Naran & Shogran. It is a connection point between Balakot, Shogran & Naran. If you have time do stop over at Kewai. There is a restaurant which has sitting arrangement in Kewai River. You can sit in the flowing waters and enjoy good recreation.
If you've come to Kaghan Valley as group with Trekking Gear. Then there dozens of World's best tracks in this valley, ending on the most beautiful Lakes like: Dudipatsar Lake, Saral Lake, Noori top Lake
Hiking / Trekking Routes Around Shogran
Trekking Routes to Saiful Maluk
Tourist season in Kaghan Valley begins in Mid May and closes in Mid October. The Summer (June to September) is ideal, with maximum temperature 20 C & minimum temperature 5 C. The road beyond Naran is snowbound in winter, yet from late June to late October, it remains open all the way to Babusar Pass. The best time to cross the Babusar Pass is late July or August.
Mid July to mid August is monsoon season and vehicle movement is sometimes restricted due to land slides and rains in the lower Kaghan Valley.
- Pros:Great Lakes, Plateaus & Landscapes
- Cons:Breath Taking Roads
- In a nutshell:Best Valley of Pakistan
You can reach Naran via PTDC Bus, Van or Personal conveyance easily, because road is in good condition till Naran &... more travel advice
Lulusar Lake (Lulu Sar Lake) is the largest lake in Kaghan Valley having mirror like waters. Image of surrounding... more travel advice
Bokhari76's Related Pages
Naran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Unforgettable Vacation In Kaghan (Kagan) Valley"
- "The valley of lovely lakes and amaizing landscapes"
- "Kaghan Valley"
- "The Paradise on earth"
- "A FAIRY TALE PLACE IN PAKISTAN.."
- "Welcome to my Naran page. Have a nice stay!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Naran
- Hotels in Naran
- Transportation in Naran
- Nightlife in Naran
- Restaurants in Naran
- Shopping in Naran
- Warnings and Dangers in Naran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Naran
- 24 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 91 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Naran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naran
- Posted in Travel Kalam Forum "Re: Trip to Kalam, Swat, Pakistan"
- Uploaded a Video to Naran
- Commented on one of Bokhari76's Naran tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Getting around Naran"
- Wrote a Review Guidance for Road Travel to Naran in Naran Transportation
- updated a Naran Travel Page "An Unforgettable Vacation In Kaghan (Kagan) Valley"
Photos in NaranSee All Photos (39)
Videos in NaranSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karachi Intro, 46 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Islamabad Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lahore Intro, 19 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naran Intro, 24 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Murree Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dera Ismail Khan Intro, 6 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Thatta Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nathia Gali Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Gadani Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Pakistan Intro, 3 photos