""makedonija niz sliki"" ceceNL's Profile

AJVAR in the garage

The biggest homemade treasure of Macedonia, called AJVAR gets created mostly in the garage or simply in te park. Here are 50 kilos of red paprika that will turn into just 20 pots of delight after 2 whole days of work! If you are in Skopje in autumn, you will smell it on the streets! And to get the real feeling, you have to help peeling the paprikas for a whole day! And at the end of the next day, after the pot-storage you can't resist cleaning the rests in the pan with a piece of fresh bread....

Skopska shema

One of my favourite!!!! In the very center of Skopje, in front of the City Museum and the Old Railway Station (by the way, the most famous monument of Skopje's earthquake disaster in 1963) happens chess play and a lot of gracious thinking!!! And is just one of those many special places! Such a great life is there, ah!!!
p.s.Neighbourhood-activity-dresscode: summer plastic slippers (socks by choice) and jogging pants, ALWAYS!!!

Jufki na trosed

For the cofused ones, that did recognised this photo: this is how we,Macedonians dry the homemade pasta, JUFKI, (or in the west known as Tagliatelle, actually!), on the bed, for the coming season. National motto: always have some food extra, anywhere, anytime! Great!!!

Maleshevija in autumn

My favourite mountain area in the east of Macedonia. If you ever heard about "Macedonian Switzerland", or originally Maleshevija mountains, this is that part. And the proof!!! Amazing!!!

butterflies in our fields

I am so proud of this photo! I can't believe I made it! Aiming for the open butterfly I realised just afterwards that I got another one on the small flower left, and all this just on our own fields in the mountains! So so beautiful!!!

the church of Gusterov in Radovish

This is my newest discovery - the church of Mr. Gusterov, a Macedonian businessman abroad, who gave a church (ortodoxe) as a present to his city, Radovish in the southeast of Macedonia. The interior is all with gold and full of frescopaintings! Very impressive!!!!

macedonian traditional dancing

This is a traditional dancing, in circle, or ORO. This happens at a wedding, and this is typical mail dance (my dad is leading, yee!).The weddings are perfect for a lot of traditional ORO and COCEK( or belly dance) and meeting the interesting, or let's say cute faces among the SVATOVI, the people that are coming from the "..in law" side to you at the wedding

holland watermill

Finally Holland! My present living point! What else would it be with lots of water, mill and cloudy day (and luckely no rain that day!) Though, I have to say: still there are beautiful things over here, too....Pitty I have no beach or dune photos right now....esppecially after all the sun these days..He He...

• Intro Updated Jun 26, 2005

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
ceceNL's Profile Photo

ceceNL

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.