Papineauville Nightlife Tips by johngayton
Papineauville Nightlife: 1 reviews and 2 photos
Day 1 - With the small bottles!
Papineauville boasts a grand total of two bars for its 2,380 population but then who needs more?
I only visited one of the bars (three times in total) and so can't comment on the other except to say that it is at the bottom of a fairly steep hill which I didn't fancy my chances of getting back up on an icy freezing February evening.
The bar I did visit, Chez Jim, suited me perfectly. This is an ideal small town local bar with friendly regulars (most of whom seemed to be friends of the young female bartender), a laid-back ambience, smiling service and is a proper drinking establishment. There's no trendy chrome and glass furnishings here, nor clever lighting, just a nice simple long bar, a few tables scattered around, a pool table and a big TV for the hockey (of course!). There's a patio out back which looks over the river which looks quite attractive, but being mid-winter this wasn't in use, and a covered patio for us smokers out front (which was in regular use!).
The bar is part of the adjoining Chinese restaurant, Cite Lin Eng, and whilst I did't notice anyone actually eating in the bar itself I did notice a few people stopping for a beer whilst awaiting their take-aways.
The bar seems to cater for the younger crowd but without the "boom-boom" music one might expect. I was only in in the earlier part of the evenings though and so can't attest to how things develop later - the bar is open until 3 am most nights.
Yep this was definitely my sort of bar but one thing to be aware of is that if you ask for a Labbatt's Bleu you'll only get the small bottle - ASK FOR UNE GRANDE!
Dress Code: This is a proper bar and so no particular dress code. Mid-winter removalable layers are the norm and females peeling to their skimpies are, as always, appreciated ;)
Address: 261 Rue Papineau
Directions: On the main drag, next door to the Chinese restaurant.
Phone: 819 427 6949
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (6)
- Don't Put Your Bananas In Your Asss...
- The Rather Cute Little Papineauville...
- Perfect For Getting "Off The Beaten...
johngayton's Related Pages
Papineauville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Aux Retours Aux Sources" - The Town's Motto"
- Create a Papineauville Travel Page
- Hotels in Papineauville
- Transportation in Papineauville
- Nightlife in Papineauville
- Restaurants in Papineauville
- Warnings and Dangers in Papineauville
- See All...
Explore the World
- Rella Hotels
- Ponta Delgada Hotels
- Canley Hotels
- Lake Naomi Estates Hotels
- Departamento de Alta Verapaz
Badges & Stats in Papineauville
- 7 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Papineauville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Papineauville
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- updated a Papineauville Travel Page ""Aux Retours Aux Sources" - The Town's Motto"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't Put Your Bananas In Your Asss Pocket!"
- Wrote a Review Don't Put Your Bananas In Your Asss Pocket! in Papineauville Warnings and Dangers
Photos in PapineauvilleSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 74 reviews, 264 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 65 reviews, 219 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 63 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 52 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 50 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plovdiv Intro, 44 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lynmouth Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos