"Another Little Oasis" Alpine by johngayton
Alpine Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Coming out of The Caribou-Targhee National Forest following the loop of the US 26 around the Southern end of The Tetons we chose Alpine for our lunch stop. According to the website ( www.alpinewyoming.org ) Alpine is an up and coming town whose population has soared in recent years - in the 90's the populus almost trebled from 200 to 550 and is still rising.
This is another of these "blink and you will miss it" sort of places, but yet is pretty much self-contained having all of the necessary amenities for a road-trip stop, whether just for refuelling and lunch or an overnight stay.
The town itself is obviously more geared up for summer visitors as several of the restaurants were either closed or snowbound - I suppose the spartan winter trade doesn't justify keeping the driveways clear.
That said: finding Gunnar's Pizza restaurant on the Southern extremity of the town made for an excellent lunch stop, both for the food and the friendly welcome - see tip.
johngayton's Related Pages
Alpine Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Alpine
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Alpine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alpine
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 70 reviews, 296 photos, 7 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 66 reviews, 221 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 40 reviews, 196 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 64 reviews, 169 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 52 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plovdiv Intro, 44 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lynmouth Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos