"Another Little Oasis" Alpine by johngayton
Alpine Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Coming out of The Caribou-Targhee National Forest following the loop of the US 26 around the Southern end of The Tetons we chose Alpine for our lunch stop. According to the website ( www.alpinewyoming.org ) Alpine is an up and coming town whose population has soared in recent years - in the 90's the populus almost trebled from 200 to 550 and is still rising.
This is another of these "blink and you will miss it" sort of places, but yet is pretty much self-contained having all of the necessary amenities for a road-trip stop, whether just for refuelling and lunch or an overnight stay.
The town itself is obviously more geared up for summer visitors as several of the restaurants were either closed or snowbound - I suppose the spartan winter trade doesn't justify keeping the driveways clear.
That said: finding Gunnar's Pizza restaurant on the Southern extremity of the town made for an excellent lunch stop, both for the food and the friendly welcome - see tip.
johngayton's Related Pages
Alpine Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Alpine
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (184)
Have you been to Alpine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alpine
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 72 reviews, 303 photos, 7 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 67 reviews, 225 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 49 reviews, 195 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 40 reviews, 196 photos, 6 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 55 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 41 reviews, 189 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 59 reviews, 150 photos, 1 travelogue