"So Good We Visited Twice!" Whitehall by johngayton

Whitehall Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 5 photos

Yet Another Oasis

Having stopped overnight in Big Timber and heading for Hamilton going west on the I 90 we needed to stop for gas and not really noticing the town we pulled off the interstate at what seemed like a reasonable place to refuel. That done, having stretched my legs and grabbed a quick cigarette, we continued on our way, not giving the place a second thought.

A couple of days later, returning from Hamilton, heading this time for Yellowstone, we again left the main road to refuel - and guess what? Yep, it was the same place! Pure coincidence, but gives an idea how ideally situated the town of Whitehall is as a refuel, rest stop when travelling across Montana on the I 90.

Apart from the gas station, it's adjoining convenience store and the A&W drive through we didn't really see much of Whitehall, but did note that it is on the Lewis Clark trail. Checking it out on the following site - www.city-data.com/city/Whitehall-Montana.html we perhaps have done it a disservice by not stopping longer as there seems more to the place than just a rest stop, perhaps at some date in the future a revisit will be made.

• Pros:Covenient for I 90
  • Last visit to Whitehall: Mar 2006
  • Intro Written Mar 24, 2006

Comments

johngayton

“The slow lane often gets you there faster”

Badges & Stats in Whitehall

Have you been to Whitehall?

Latest Activity in Whitehall