"Hamilton - 2 days, never enough!" Hamilton by johngayton
Hamilton Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 59 photos
Now here's an odd-bod of a town, it merely scrapes the "town" definition, but yet has aspirations to be a city - doesn't anyone know that to be a city you have to have a Starbucks? No Starbucks and you're nothin' pal!
Yet, city or not, Hamilton has its attractions and Maggie's is one, another is the Rainbow Bar - chalk and cheese! There will be tips to follow when I finally catch up, patience is everything.
OK back to Hamilton - Small town, big aspirations, situated about 50 miles south of Missoula on the US 93 in the Bitterroot Valley, a small neat town with everthing that I could have expected from small town Americana - and more. Hints of class, what with me being UPSCALE! and all that, this is the sort of place I really wanted to find here in the US and here I can see how the "American Dream" continues. Without the city "dog-eat-dog" mentality I can see why Hamilton is up and coming, the civilised touches are there and it is just a matter of letting things happen at their own pace.
As to the photo - I just had to use this one, the waitress's unposed posture in what looks like an empty restaurant, the ketchup bottle avoiding the salt and pepper as if it is too classy to be on the same table - take away the modern coffee machine, the cd player and replace the electric clock, tint the picture sepia and think where you would be???????
But Hamilton is still the same. The Rainbow thrives and the local brewery seems also to do so.
Here's a link to the local website: http://hamiltonmontana.com/
This is the sort of bar I personally love, an eclectic clientele united with a common purpose - have a few beers and... more travel advice
johngayton's Related Pages
Hamilton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HEY HAMILTON! HEY EllenH"
- "Hamilton Montana"
- "Hamilton - 2 days, never enough!"
- "Jasper In Montana"
- "Home to the lovely Ellen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hamilton
- Hotels in Hamilton
- Nightlife in Hamilton
- Restaurants in Hamilton
- Warnings and Dangers in Hamilton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hamilton
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (193)
Have you been to Hamilton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hamilton
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: New Features Today!"
- updated a Hamilton Travel Page "Hamilton - 2 days, never enough!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Definitely a Local's Bar - but not unfriendly!"
- Commented on one of travelgourmet's Hamilton travel pages
- Wrote a Review Definitely a Local's Bar - but not unfriendly! in Hamilton Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 74 reviews, 313 photos, 7 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 85 reviews, 243 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 67 reviews, 225 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 49 reviews, 195 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 40 reviews, 196 photos, 6 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 55 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 41 reviews, 189 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos, 1 travelogue