"Another Place I Wish I'd Had Longer For!" Watertown by johngayton
Watertown Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 3 photos
When I pencilled in this weekend for the Boston part of my trip out East I had forgotten to take into account the fact that it was both Easter weekend and The Boston Marathon. Thus when it came to booking an hotel there was absolutely nothing available within the city except at MEGA-MEGA Bucks!! And so this is how I ended up out at Watertown for 2 nights.
Watertown itself is a pleasant, smallish town, situated on The Charles River, about 6 miles out of Boston, further out than its more preppy neighbors, Cambridge, Chelsea and Wellesley, but still within easy traveling distance from both Downtown Boston and Logan Airport.
Having arrived fairly lateish on the Friday night and with a mini VT meet scheduled for the following day, I didn’t manage to spend very much time in the town itself but a quick wander around downtown revealed a busy, upscale, restaurant scene. All a bit too busy for me, and so a six-pack of beer and a pizza, back to the hotel and an early night was the agenda for the evening. One thing I will add at this point was that everyone I came into contact with, the guy at the liquor store, the woman at the pizza place and the clerk at the hotel were without exception friendly, helpful and outgoing - in fact the guy at the liquor store even recommended a better (AND CHEAPER!) wine selection to my original. (Oops I didn’t mention the wine did I?)
- Pros:This really is a nice little town.
- Cons:Not enough time to enjoy.
- In a nutshell:Puritans didn't do a bad job!
johngayton's Related Pages
Watertown Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Watertown
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Watertown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Watertown
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 74 reviews, 264 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 65 reviews, 219 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 63 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 52 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 50 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plovdiv Intro, 44 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lynmouth Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos
Latest Watertown hotel reviews
- SUPER 8 MOTEL - WATERTOWN/CAMBRIDGE/BOSTON AREA
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013