"Where to start?" Top 5 Page for this destination Keystone by johngayton
Keystone Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 119 photos
Here I am just back from Colorado, with a slight detour via Essex, going through my pics. The difficult bit is where to start and so I will start with the bit that I found most difficult.
By the way the pub pics will follow, but probably under "warnings and dangers", for reasons which will become obvious.......they will be obvious, trust me!
Ach, here's me digressing before I have even started. OK back to subject - difficulties! The reason why I am introducing this page with this pic is that it took me a week to get it. I was staying with a VT friend for the week and on day one noticed a pair of bluejays flirting amongst the trees at the back of her condo, but every attempt I made to photograph them they seemed to be always on the move, as soon as they were in camera they had flown on before I had a chance to get the pic.
After about three days I managed to get this one, and a few others, but never one of both of them together - I also missed a woodpecker drilling on a tree trunk, which I just wasn't fast enough for either. Looking on the bright side though, that's a pretty damn good excuse for a return visit soonest - add that to the fact that I never did get to the restaurant on top of the mountain, nor did I ever attempt to try cross-country skiing and a few other things yet to be done makes a return trip absolutely inevitable.
UPDATE 20-2-06 THE INEVITABLE HAPPENS!!!!!!
And so here I am back in Colorado in training for the 2010 Olympics!
In fact I am lying big-time! What I AM in training for is for the journey down to the nearest pub which is about a mile and a half away, all downhill :)
This morning was my first ever attempt at cross-country skiing and, strange but true, my route WAS about one and a half miles, but it did take me about an hour. I'm not too worried about technique, just got to work on my speed - can't waste all that valuable drinking time!
- Pros:Clean, Crisp, Clear Air
- Cons:No-smoking Bars!
- In a nutshell:Not Only for Us Skiers!
This is where it all happens here in Keystone - drinking, music, dancing, dining and more drinking! There are plenty of... more travel advice
..............then its time to pack! Yep, winter stuff at the bottom. In the side pocket of the small bag. Including... more travel advice
- See All Summit Express
- Any Excuse To Take Photos Of Pretty...
- See All Adopt a Fire Hydrant
johngayton's Related Pages
Keystone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keystone, Colorado - 9,400 feet closer to heaven"
- "Where to start?"
- "Spring Skiing"
- "dusty powder and all the coors you can drink"
- "keystone rules"
- "The one place we will keep going back!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Keystone
- Hotels in Keystone
- Transportation in Keystone
- Nightlife in Keystone
- Restaurants in Keystone
- Shopping in Keystone
- Warnings and Dangers in Keystone
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Keystone
- 16 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (180)
Have you been to Keystone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Keystone
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 74 reviews, 313 photos, 7 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 81 reviews, 229 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 67 reviews, 225 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 49 reviews, 195 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 40 reviews, 196 photos, 6 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 55 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 41 reviews, 189 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 60 reviews, 151 photos, 1 travelogue