"34 bars for 2,700 people..................." Top 5 Page for this destination Frisco by johngayton
Frisco Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 27 photos
I am of course lying about the bears, but this little photo-op from the shop next door to the Backcountry Brewery makes for as good an intro photo as any to Frisco.
I am not though lying about the 34 bars - that's an official statistic from the townoffrisco.com site, though it does include restaurants and the population does rise during the summer and ski seasons as many of the homes and condos are in fact second homes.
Frisco is one of these small American mining towns, past its original sell-by date, but now very much on the up-and-up,. Despite its relatively small local population, the town provides a mini-metropolis for the surrounding rural area: being home to most of the basic necessities such as banks, supermarket, liquor stores and specialist retailers such as Radio Shack. It is also, so I am reliably informed, the only place in the area with an automatic car wash!
In addition to catering for the basics Frisco also has several up-market craft and designer stores such as the photogenic little shop above and by all accounts (according to the website anyway) the local museum is well worth a visit.
- Pros:34 Bars
- Cons:All of them smoke-free!
- In a nutshell:Interesting Town, well worth a visit!
With Frisco's central location in Summit County it is fairly easy to get to and from by public transport. The Bus... more travel advice
johngayton's Related Pages
Frisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "34 bars for 2,700 people..................."
- "Frisco, Colorado - Perfect for outdoor enthusiasts"
- "Basaic Frisco Page"
- "Summertime in Frisco, Colorado"
- "Second capital of Summit County"
- "Frisco Colorado"
- "Frisco, US"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Frisco
- Hotels in Frisco
- Transportation in Frisco
- Restaurants in Frisco
- Shopping in Frisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Frisco
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (191)
Have you been to Frisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frisco
Photos in FriscoSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 74 reviews, 313 photos, 7 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 85 reviews, 243 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 67 reviews, 225 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 49 reviews, 195 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 40 reviews, 196 photos, 6 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 55 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 41 reviews, 189 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos, 1 travelogue