"Urban Sprawl - A Modern Piece of America" San Diego by johngayton
San Diego Travel Guide: 3,233 reviews and 7,471 photos
Coming into San Diego via La Jolla, having spent the previous 5 days passing through (with the exception of Vegas) mostly barely-inhabited desert from Colorado, the city just seemed to go on and on with its business sections and hotel loop until we finally arrived at our hotel in Seaworld. We had added an overnight stop here at the last minute, instead of the intended second day in Vegas, with a quick visit into Tijuana planned the following day and so hadn't any real idea of what we were going to do in the city itself.
With hindsight we should perhaps have stayed in one of the interesting looking old neighbourhoods such as Gaslamp or Little Italy especially since the hotel's advertised internet connection didn't work. It wasn't actually that bad since I did find a decent sports bar just down the road :)
- Pros:Interesting looking neighbourhoods
- Cons:Not enough time!
- In a nutshell:Worth considering a second visit.
This really does fit into my US stereotypes - the formica tables, the huge portions, the blousy waitresses, the... more travel advice
As far as a cheap(ish) hotel booked at short notice goes this was an OK hotel. Friendly, efficient check-in, no problems... more travel advice
johngayton's Related Pages
San Diego Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Diego, California"
- "San Diego"
- "Jim_Eliason's San Diego Page"
- "Warm up to San Diego"
- "PAGE DEDICATED TO LINDA (lmkluque on VT)"
- "Something for everyone...San Diego"
- "So Cal... So Cool!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Diego
- Hotels in San Diego
- Transportation in San Diego
- Nightlife in San Diego
- Restaurants in San Diego
- Shopping in San Diego
- Warnings and Dangers in San Diego
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Diego
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (119)
Have you been to San Diego?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Diego
- Posted in Travel Berlin Forum "Re: Accommodations in Berlin"
- Wrote a Review Breakfast for B'fast, Lunch or Dinner in San Diego Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Breakfast for B'fast, Lunch or Dinner"
- updated a San Diego Travel Page "Urban Sprawl - A Modern Piece of America"
- Commented on one of LauraWest's San Diego travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 70 reviews, 296 photos, 7 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 66 reviews, 221 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 40 reviews, 196 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 64 reviews, 169 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 52 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plovdiv Intro, 44 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lynmouth Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos