"Williams - A Very Pleasant Surprise" Top 5 Page for this destination Williams by johngayton
Williams Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 165 photos
Much as I've enjoyed my US city visits and doing the touristy bits such as The Grand Canyon, Arches & etc. it is the small towns that have really made my trip. Williams is yet another one to add to my list of places where I wished I'd devoted more time. Williams has a wonderful "Old West" feel to it and in fact most of the buildings date from the turn of the 19th/20th centuries.
Situated on Route 66 Williams is an ideal stopover for Grand Canyon visits with both road and rail links, but in addition is a town worth a visit in its own right with its quirky shops, restaurants and bars. I especially liked the idea of staying at "The Red Garter Bar and Bakery", a former bordello.
Unfortunately we had just used the town as a stopover between the Canyon and Las Vagas and booked a hotel on the outskirts, but with hindsight (good old 20/20) should have spent another day at least here (especially the way that Vagas went - page to follow!).
- Pros:Enigmatic and Friendly
- Cons:None that I could see.
- In a nutshell:A touch of the Old West with a bit of style.
This is a brilliant characterful restaurant - an Irish-themed Mexican with some Navajo influences!! Food offerings... more travel advice
johngayton's Related Pages
Williams Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Gateway to the Grand Canyon", plus trails"
- "Back to the Past"
- "Williams - A Very Pleasant Surprise"
- "Basaic Williams Page"
- "A taste of Far West"
- "Good Stopping Place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Williams
- Hotels in Williams
- Transportation in Williams
- Restaurants in Williams
- Warnings and Dangers in Williams
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Williams
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (192)
Have you been to Williams?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Williams
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Is it that bad as they say?"
- updated a Williams Travel Page "Williams - A Very Pleasant Surprise"
- Commented on one of glabah's Williams travel pages
- Wrote a Review East meets West with a touch of Navajo in Williams Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "East meets West with a touch of Navajo"
Photos in WilliamsSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 74 reviews, 313 photos, 7 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 85 reviews, 243 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 67 reviews, 225 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 49 reviews, 195 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 40 reviews, 196 photos, 6 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 55 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 41 reviews, 189 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos, 1 travelogue