Oldenzaal Shopping Tips by johngayton
Oldenzaal Shopping: 7 reviews and 19 photos
If You Want A Colouful Souvenir!
Oldenzaal has a good selection of independent little shops as well as smallish branches of some of the main chain stores.
Most of the shops are on the streets leading from the main market square and there's also a little modern mall called De DrieHoek on the square itself.
Thursday nights are late-shopping evenings when most stores stay open until 9 pm.
Shopping must be thirsty work as the local bars and cafes all seem to be particularly busy that evening too!
Eclectic Shopfront And Eye-catching A-board ;))
It was the noticeboard outside that caught my eye - "The New Exclusive Lingerie Collection Has Arrived!" Well, that was definitely enough to pique MY interest. Casually glancing as I walked past it seemed like an "Antique Shop" to me, maybe a slightly upmarket one and with some trendy crafty stuff too.
Well it deserved a subtle U-turn at the top of the street for second shufti and yep it IS an "Antique Shop" but with a subtley erotic theme. The new lingerie is there in the window, alongside birdcages, African fertility symbols and clocks that need mending. And of course it being the football World Cup finals the pleasantly busty body mannequin has her orange silk scarf to keep her neck warm.
Interesting shop and interesting website.
Address: Deurningerstraat 12
Directions: On the side road to the west of the Basilica
More Reviews (18)
- See All If You're Not Old Enough For The Pub!
- See All For A Cheaper Lunch Alternative
- See All If You're Looking For A Proper Brown...
- See All But Who Was St Plechelm?
johngayton's Related Pages
Oldenzaal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LET`S PARTY"
- "As Far As My Train Ticket Would Let Me Go!"
- "The town where I used to live : Oldenzaal"
- "Bonio's afternoon in Oldenzaal"
- "OLDENZAAL - my hometown"
- "Visiting the family"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oldenzaal
- Hotels in Oldenzaal
- Transportation in Oldenzaal
- Nightlife in Oldenzaal
- Restaurants in Oldenzaal
- Shopping in Oldenzaal
- Warnings and Dangers in Oldenzaal
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ciudad del Este Hotels
- Haderslev Hotels
- Kampong Gadong Hotels
- Rüdesheimer Aue Hotels
- Departamento de Atlántida
- Puerto López
Badges & Stats in Oldenzaal
- 20 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Oldenzaal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oldenzaal
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- updated a Oldenzaal Travel Page "As Far As My Train Ticket Would Let Me Go!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "General Shopping Tip"
- Wrote a Review If You're Not Old Enough For The Pub! in Oldenzaal Things to Do
- Commented on one of pieter_jan_v's Oldenzaal travel pages
Photos in OldenzaalSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 74 reviews, 264 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 65 reviews, 219 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 63 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 52 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 50 reviews, 170 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plovdiv Intro, 44 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lynmouth Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (109)
Latest Oldenzaal hotel reviews
- Hotel De Kroon
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013