Oldenzaal Things to Do Tips by johngayton
Oldenzaal Things to Do: 28 reviews and 41 photos
The Museum Quarter
The town has a trio of little museums showcasing different aspects of its history and culture. These are located on the two streets (Marktstraat and Hofmeijerstraat) on the north side of the square around the basilica.
The Palthe-Huis is a former merchant's home restored with the richly onrnate furnishings and fittings of the period and a couple of galleries of exhibits - www.palthehuis.nl
The Museum de Hofnar is the town's carnival museum.
The Museum de Pelgrim features aspects of the town's religous culture - www.museumdepelgrim.nl
I never did make the time for a visit to these as the weather was just too good for indoor stuff. They look interesting for a rainy day thing to do though.
Queueing For Good Stuff
This little ice-cream parlour on Bischopstraat was doing a roaring trade with the local youngsters every night I was here. Just before it is a little mini-square with benches and low walls for them to congregate and it really was a pleasure to see them enjoying the simple things in life, unlike back here in the UK where the teenagers just seem to hang around corners smoking and looking bored.
Directions: Just north of the market square.
More Reviews (18)
- See All For A Cheaper Lunch Alternative
- See All General Shopping Tip
- See All If You're Looking For A Proper Brown...
- See All But Who Was St Plechelm?
johngayton's Related Pages
Oldenzaal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LET`S PARTY"
- "As Far As My Train Ticket Would Let Me Go!"
- "The town where I used to live : Oldenzaal"
- "Bonio's afternoon in Oldenzaal"
- "OLDENZAAL - my hometown"
- "Visiting the family"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oldenzaal
- Hotels in Oldenzaal
- Transportation in Oldenzaal
- Nightlife in Oldenzaal
- Restaurants in Oldenzaal
- Shopping in Oldenzaal
- Warnings and Dangers in Oldenzaal
- See All...
Explore the World
- Talpa de Allende Hotels
- Pak Chong Hotels
- Achriesgill Hotels
- Missouri Valley Hotels
- Setti Fatma
Badges & Stats in Oldenzaal
- 20 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Oldenzaal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oldenzaal
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- updated a Oldenzaal Travel Page "As Far As My Train Ticket Would Let Me Go!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "General Shopping Tip"
- Wrote a Review If You're Not Old Enough For The Pub! in Oldenzaal Things to Do
- Commented on one of pieter_jan_v's Oldenzaal travel pages
Photos in OldenzaalSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 66 reviews, 221 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 63 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 52 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plovdiv Intro, 44 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lynmouth Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (120)
Latest Oldenzaal hotel reviews
- Hotel De Kroon
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013