"First Port of Call Towards Santorini" Top 5 Page for this destination Kea Island by johngayton
Kea Island Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 182 photos
Kea Island (also known - in true Greek fashion - as Tzia) is the westernmost of the Cyclades a mere 42 miles (nautical) from Piraeus and until recent times has tended to be ignored by the international tourist trade. Such ignorance certainly hasn't done it any harm and it remains relatively undeveloped commercially.
Our overnight stay here on our first day out from Athens was extended by another 24 hours due to a combination of high winds, horizontal rain, a broken anchor and a mutiny: HA! - only in Greece would it be the CAPTAINS who mutiny! Ach, but that story lives elsewhere - let's get back to Kea:
The main port here is Korassia (Livadia!!!) with its posh little sister Voukari (where the big yachts hang out) two beaches round the bay. Both Korassia's and Voukari's waterfronts are well endowed with tavernas and the walk between the two takes in the intermediate beaches and a chance to take your shoes off (plus whatever else) and cool those aching feet between bars!!
- Pros:Relatively Undeveloped
- Cons:It Rained Once!!
- In a nutshell:There Are Worse Places To Have A 24hr Layover!!
If you need internet access here, there is a little billiards/internet cafe just off the beach end of the harbour on a... more travel advice
Between the twin harbours of Korissia and Voukari is a cafe/bar called Kews atop the hillock and is an ideal place to... more travel advice
johngayton's Related Pages
Kea Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VT meeting on board!"
- "Kea island"
- "Of a VT meeting excuse..."
- "FIRST PORT OF CALL - ISLAND OF KEA"
- "First Port of Call Towards Santorini"
- "VTers INVADE THE ISLAND OF KEA"
- "Kea Island - Tzia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kea Island
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Kea Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kea Island
Photos in Kea IslandSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 70 reviews, 296 photos, 7 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 66 reviews, 221 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 40 reviews, 196 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 64 reviews, 169 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 52 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plovdiv Intro, 44 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lynmouth Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos