"Rafina - Athens 2nd Port" Rafina by johngayton

Rafina Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 15 photos

Returning from an all-to-brief (and slightly chaotic) whizz around the Cyclades I had the option of taking a ferry from Tinos to either Pireaus or to Rafina and despite the fact that I did need to be in Pireaus the following morning to pick up my left luggage I decided on an overnight stop at Rafina. Unfortunately I didn't take the opportunity to explore the town that evening, too many Ouzos and very little sleep over the previous three days, just found a reasonable hotel and crashed!

Awakening relatively early I did have a wander and a quick frappe before returning to the port to find out about buses into Athens and realised I should really have gotten myself out and about the night before. The smart-looking modern town square is lined with bars and restaurants and judging by the cleaning up being done looked as if the locals had been out enjoying themselves - so this is yet another place on my list for a revisit!

• Last visit to Rafina: Jun 2006
  • Intro Written Aug 8, 2006

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2012 at 12:19 PM

actually the bus ticket is only 2,40 euro!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2007 at 9:35 AM

I will be spending one night I Rafina much like you did before returning home from my trip to Santorini and the VT meeting. Hopefully I won't have too much oozo and get to see more than you did!

johngayton

“The slow lane often gets you there faster”

Badges & Stats in Rafina