Santorini Island Nightlife Tips by johngayton
Santorini Island Nightlife: 37 reviews and 73 photos
Lads and Ladettes In Practice
I missed out on the night of the "Wall of Mythos Bottles" here during Euromeet 2007 - I had had to get my VA to bed early to recover her stamina for our wine-tasting tour the following morning. But we did have a practice-run the evening before (although some seemed to be practising with Heineken!).
This is definitely a friendly bar. When we arrived, a dozen or so strong, the waiter quite happily pushed the tables together for us and gave us perfectly attentive service throughout our evening. The beers went down, the sun went down, the conversation level went up but the bill didn't rise astronomically.
Once you are slightly out of town, and definitely away from the caldera, beer prices drop dramatically.
Well worth dropping into and according to DAO the eats are pretty good too.
Directions: Almost at the start of the hill, on the left, heading up towards Firostefani.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
Jenny Certainly Did!
This was a little place that I'd noticed on my first visit to Santorini (in 2006) but was a building site at the time. I decided to search it out during Euromeet 2007 but eveytime I went it was SHUT - HA!! But that was during the day!! So after our Laughin' Alley (pronounce it!) dinner on the Sunday night it seemed well worth a try - Hey, if a bar is shut during the day then it should be open until ??........AND IT WAS!!!
Great DJ - loads of booze and I did actually chat to one of the 2 brothers - Dimitri.
Perhaps it requires the right people at the right time to make it really buzz, but buzz it certainly can - just don't end up behind bars! but dancing on top of them seems au fait!
Dress Code: Scantily-dressed women always welcome!! My three-day old t-shirt seemed OK too!
Address: Do they have addresses on Santorini?
Directions: On the street that runs parellel to the main drag, just after the excellent kebab place ;)
More Reviews (37)
- See All Great Place For Informal Dining
- See All Santorini Street Names
- See All Arriving By Ferry
- Give Plants A Chance!
- See All A Day Out By Boat (with a bar!)
johngayton's Related Pages
Santorini Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Awarded FIRST Most Beautiful Island for 2011!"
- "SMALL ISLAND - BIG WOW !!!!"
- "Cycladean Splendour"
- "Sunshine and Sunset in Santorini"
- "The spirit of Love!"
- "Santorini – A photographer’s dream"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santorini Island
- Hotels in Santorini Island
- Transportation in Santorini Island
- Nightlife in Santorini Island
- Restaurants in Santorini Island
- Shopping in Santorini Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Santorini Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santorini Island
- 39 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 34 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (181)
Have you been to Santorini Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santorini Island
- Posted in Travel Newcastle upon Tyne Forum "Re: AGE FOR CLUBS NEWCASTLE "
- Commented on one of johngayton's Santorini Island tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "How To Catch The Dawn"
- updated a Santorini Island Travel Page "It's All The Volcano's Fault"
- Wrote a Review Great Place For Informal Dining in Santorini Island Restaurants
Photos in Santorini IslandSee All Photos (83)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 73 reviews, 308 photos, 7 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 67 reviews, 225 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 49 reviews, 195 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 40 reviews, 196 photos, 6 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 55 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 41 reviews, 189 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 59 reviews, 150 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oia Village- 102 Reviews, 220 Photos
- Volcano- 40 Reviews, 102 Photos
- Red Beach- 22 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Pyrgos Village- 22 Reviews, 73 Photos
- Sunsets- 14 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Akrotiri Excavations- 24 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Wine Tasting- 21 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Kamari Beach- 13 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Fira- 33 Reviews, 127 Photos
- Mule Path- 14 Reviews, 39 Photos
See All Santorini Island Things to Do