Santorini Island Nightlife Tips by johngayton

Santorini Island Nightlife: 40 reviews and 76 photos

Lads and Ladettes In Practice - Santorini Island

Lads and Ladettes In Practice

Friendly Greek Taverna (aka Koytoyki): Aptly Named!

I missed out on the night of the "Wall of Mythos Bottles" here during Euromeet 2007 - I had had to get my VA to bed early to recover her stamina for our wine-tasting tour the following morning. But we did have a practice-run the evening before (although some seemed to be practising with Heineken!).

This is definitely a friendly bar. When we arrived, a dozen or so strong, the waiter quite happily pushed the tables together for us and gave us perfectly attentive service throughout our evening. The beers went down, the sun went down, the conversation level went up but the bill didn't rise astronomically.

Once you are slightly out of town, and definitely away from the caldera, beer prices drop dramatically.

Well worth dropping into and according to DAO the eats are pretty good too.

Directions: Almost at the start of the hill, on the left, heading up towards Firostefani.

Theme: Eating and Drinking

• Written Dec 20, 2009
Jenny Certainly Did! - Santorini Island

Jenny Certainly Did!

2 Brothers: If You Want To Dance On The Bar!!

This was a little place that I'd noticed on my first visit to Santorini (in 2006) but was a building site at the time. I decided to search it out during Euromeet 2007 but eveytime I went it was SHUT - HA!! But that was during the day!! So after our Laughin' Alley (pronounce it!) dinner on the Sunday night it seemed well worth a try - Hey, if a bar is shut during the day then it should be open until ??........AND IT WAS!!!

Great DJ - loads of booze and I did actually chat to one of the 2 brothers - Dimitri.

Perhaps it requires the right people at the right time to make it really buzz, but buzz it certainly can - just don't end up behind bars! but dancing on top of them seems au fait!

Dress Code: Scantily-dressed women always welcome!! My three-day old t-shirt seemed OK too!

Address: Do they have addresses on Santorini?

Directions: On the street that runs parellel to the main drag, just after the excellent kebab place ;)

Theme: Dancing

• Written Aug 17, 2007

johngayton

“The slow lane often gets you there faster”

Badges & Stats in Santorini Island

Have you been to Santorini Island?

Latest Activity in Santorini Island