"Pizza, Beer and a Flash New Train" Asenovgrad by johngayton
Asenovgrad Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 71 photos
I'd put Asenovgrad on my list of places to visit for the simple reason that I've tried a few of their wines. However this visit was merely on a whim, having just gotten back to Plovdiv after an afternoon out in Karlovo and with nothing particular planned for my evening. It was damp and dark by the time I arrived in the town on a January evening and so all I did was have a few beers and a pizza before heading back to Plovdiv.
It was a pleasant enough short visit and the most I paid for a beer was 1.50 leva and so it made for a cheap night out!
The trains that run between Plovdiv and Asenovgrad are the most modern in the Bulgarian Railway Company's (BDZ) fleet and the line has recently been fully electrified following an infusion of government and EU money.
Asenovgrad, whilst quite an economically important and historically interesting town, isn't actually so important that it justifies this all-singing, all-dancing, train service (17 a day) but the line passes through Krumovo where the Plovdiv International Airport is located and obviously the train connection is part of the forward planning for the airport's developement.
Watch my Plovdiv page for further news!
- Pros:Certainly Seems Friendly Enough
- Cons:Too Dark To Notice Any
- In a nutshell:Must Revisit In The Daylight!
If you're heading to or from the railway station and fancy a nibble on the hoof, or to sit and enjoy a couple of cheap... more travel advice
johngayton's Related Pages
Asenovgrad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pizza, Beer and a Flash New Train"
- "Gateway to the Rodopi Mountains"
- "Assenovgrad and the Fortress"
- "One of the many cities named after me"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Asenovgrad
- Hotels in Asenovgrad
- Transportation in Asenovgrad
- Restaurants in Asenovgrad
- Shopping in Asenovgrad
- See All...
Explore the World
- Edinburgh Hotels
- Thunder Bay Hotels
- North Captiva Island Hotels
- Ausable Chasm
- Seal Beach
- Ko Chang
- American Samoa
- Negeri Pahang
- Porto Ercole
- Cocoa Beach
- Tottenham Hotels
- Riverland Terrace Hotels
- Roquefort-sur-Soulzon Hotels
- Estado de Baja California Norte
Badges & Stats in Asenovgrad
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (106)
Have you been to Asenovgrad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asenovgrad
Photos in AsenovgradSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 66 reviews, 221 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 63 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 52 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plovdiv Intro, 44 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lynmouth Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos