"Pizza, Beer and a Flash New Train" Asenovgrad by johngayton
Asenovgrad Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 70 photos
I'd put Asenovgrad on my list of places to visit for the simple reason that I've tried a few of their wines. However this visit was merely on a whim, having just gotten back to Plovdiv after an afternoon out in Karlovo and with nothing particular planned for my evening. It was damp and dark by the time I arrived in the town on a January evening and so all I did was have a few beers and a pizza before heading back to Plovdiv.
It was a pleasant enough short visit and the most I paid for a beer was 1.50 leva and so it made for a cheap night out!
The trains that run between Plovdiv and Asenovgrad are the most modern in the Bulgarian Railway Company's (BDZ) fleet and the line has recently been fully electrified following an infusion of government and EU money.
Asenovgrad, whilst quite an economically important and historically interesting town, isn't actually so important that it justifies this all-singing, all-dancing, train service (17 a day) but the line passes through Krumovo where the Plovdiv International Airport is located and obviously the train connection is part of the forward planning for the airport's developement.
Watch my Plovdiv page for further news!
- Pros:Certainly Seems Friendly Enough
- Cons:Too Dark To Notice Any
- In a nutshell:Must Revisit In The Daylight!
If you're heading to or from the railway station and fancy a nibble on the hoof, or to sit and enjoy a couple of cheap... more travel advice
johngayton's Related Pages
Asenovgrad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pizza, Beer and a Flash New Train"
- "Assenovgrad and the Fortress"
- "Convenient stopover to Bachkovo Monastery"
- "One of the many cities named after me"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Asenovgrad
- Hotels in Asenovgrad
- Transportation in Asenovgrad
- Restaurants in Asenovgrad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Asenovgrad
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (197)
Have you been to Asenovgrad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asenovgrad
Photos in AsenovgradSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 74 reviews, 313 photos, 7 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 88 reviews, 252 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 67 reviews, 225 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 49 reviews, 195 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 40 reviews, 196 photos, 6 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 55 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 41 reviews, 189 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos, 1 travelogue