Burgas Favorite Tips by johngayton Top 5 Page for this destination
Burgas Favorites: 9 reviews and 9 photos
Favorite thing: Burgas's Tourist Information Centre is located at blvd Hristo Botev 46, in the underpass from the city centre to the Theatre and Opera House. Here multi-lingual staff can assist with pretty much any query including accommodation, public transport and things to do. There are the usual freebie maps and leaflets as well as items for sale.
The website is also very useful, with a nice panoramic virtual tour of the city. The office is also contactable by phone on 056 825772.
Favorite thing: This is Burgas's Communist-era monument (constructed in 1981) to those killed during the resistance against Fascism. At its centre is an eternal flame and the inside walls have plaques commemorating the individuals.
It looks stark and ugly from a distance but up close it is quite strikingly evocative.
More Reviews (29)
- See All The Sea Garden Sculpture Park
- See All Enjoying The Snow #2
- Head North!
- See All Where Pedestrians Have Right Of Way
johngayton's Related Pages
Burgas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My hometown"
- "A Welcoming Railway Station and a Mini-bar Tale!"
- "Bourgas, Bulgaria"
- "burgas and nessebar and sunny beach"
- "A night spent in Burgaze"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burgas
- Hotels in Burgas
- Transportation in Burgas
- Nightlife in Burgas
- Restaurants in Burgas
- Shopping in Burgas
- Warnings and Dangers in Burgas
- See All...
Explore the World
- Taprobane Hotels
- `Iraq al Amir Hotels
- Entebbe Animal and Bird Sanctuary Hotels
- Rio Puerco Hotels
- Gura Humorului
Badges & Stats in Burgas
- 31 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (106)
Have you been to Burgas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burgas
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Can't Say I Was Too Impressed With This One"
- updated a Burgas Travel Page "A Welcoming Railway Station and a Mini-bar Tale!"
- Wrote a Review The Pantheon in Burgas Favorites
- Commented on one of ChristinaNest's Burgas travel pages
Photos in BurgasSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 66 reviews, 221 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 63 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 52 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plovdiv Intro, 44 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lynmouth Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (120)
Latest Burgas hotel reviews
- Royal Park Hotel
- 231 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 24, 2013
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 26, 2013
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- Hotel Chiplakoff
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 30, 2013
- Hotel Bulgaria
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013