"Football" Glasgow by johngayton

Glasgow Travel Guide: 1,276 reviews and 2,205 photos

Even though I was actually born in Glasgow, at Stobhill Hospital, just outside Springburn and lived there for the first few years of my life, bearing in mind that "I was born at quite an early age", I still have various memories as a child and as an adult but have not been back in many, many years.

I didn't intend creating a page for Glasgow, only a tip, in response to antz's Glasgow tips, and so here's the tip anyway.

"born ... early age" is, I think, a Spike Milligan quote (or perhaps misquote), one of my favourites.
Cheers, John.

• Intro Updated Aug 12, 2005

• alza's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2011 at 10:35 AM

em... I'd never say "I'm not interested in football" -- I wouldn't know what sport the guy was talking about to begin with! Whit team indeed! The Alouettes? haha... Tks, very amusing!

• allikat's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2005 at 5:20 PM

Em....I have never been in a pub in Glasgee, but if I ever find myself in one I will bear your advice in mind :-)

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2005 at 4:29 PM

I definitely fall into the "some sort of strange alien species" category according to your tip on Glasgow - lol!! Marion x.

• zizkov's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2005 at 2:12 AM

My mate actually has the misfortune to a fan of the Maryhill Magyars. I think you should change the link to www.ptfc.net :-)

johngayton

“The slow lane often gets you there faster”

Badges & Stats in Glasgow

Have you been to Glasgow?

Latest Activity in Glasgow