"The Local Market Town" Newton Abbot by johngayton
Newton Abbot Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 30 photos
Just a brief intro for just now.
I get into Newton maybe once or twice a month. It has everything, shopping wise that we need including quite a few quirky little old-fashioned family run shops and businesses. It has a very good indoor market and a weekly main market. It also has a main line railway station with regular services into Exeter and onto London, or going the other way into Cornwall as far as Penzance.
It also has lots of pubs!!
Just the briefast of updates (18/11/05): Passing through Newton this morning on way back home from Paris, I needed to some quick shopping - Cigarette papers, glossy photo paper, get a frame for a poster and change some Czech Koruna into Sterling - all achieved in 20 mins, including passing time of day with everyone and taking in a small art exhibition at picture framers.
Exactly how it should be, unfortunately pubs not open at 9 am :(
- Pros:Nearest Town, Plenty of Shops, Restaurants, Pubs etc.
- Cons:Not recommended on Friday/Saturday Nights
- In a nutshell:Everything you want from your local market town
The Railway Inn, next door to the station here in Newton has long been one of my favourite pubs when travelling around... more travel advice
Then a visit to Tuckers Maltings should be a Newton Abbot "Must Do". The process of malting barley is the first stage... more travel advice
johngayton's Related Pages
Newton Abbot Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Newton Abbot
- Hotels in Newton Abbot
- Transportation in Newton Abbot
- Restaurants in Newton Abbot
- Shopping in Newton Abbot
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Newton Abbot
- 9 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Newton Abbot?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newton Abbot
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 64 reviews, 275 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 66 reviews, 221 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 40 reviews, 196 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 64 reviews, 169 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 52 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plovdiv Intro, 44 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lynmouth Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos