Woolacombe Things to Do Tips by johngayton
Woolacombe Things to Do: 3 reviews and 13 photos
The Town Beach
Woolacombe Sands is regarded as one of the UK's best beaches - it regularly features in various beach awards and has held the prestigous Blue Flag for many years. The sand is gloriously goldenly fine, the summer water is aquamarine clear and the beach slopes gently into the Atlantic.
The beach is split into two halves, separated and surrounded by natural rock groynes. In front of the town is very much the loungers and family area whilst the further beach attracts the more active beach folk - the body boarders and surfers.
Whatever you want to do with a beach is doable here - you can build sandcastles, swim, surf, row out a canoe or just lie on the sand and soak up those rays. This is a very safe beach, lifeguards are always on duty during the season and motorised craft are strictly prohibited (and horses by permission only!.
Not my thing personally but the Red Barn pub overlooks it!
Directions: The bit between the town and the water!
More Than A Morsel!
With its blue and white frontage and the way the front wall was used as a display space I thought for a moment I'd been displaced back to Santorini - the unseasonably gloriously sunny afternoon adding to my confusion!
Yep this is definitely an eye-catcher and well worth a perusal. The New Gallery is a little commercial gallery displaying works by local artists. The price tags aren't too hefty and the works themselves varied and skillful. Of course you don't have to buy and so this makes for a pleasant little freebie as part of your wander around the town.
Address: West Road
Directions: On the main road where the Post Office is, next door to the Captains Table restaurant.
Phone: 01271 870008
More Reviews (11)
- See All The New "Surf and Cycle" Bus
- Woolacombe Warren
- Snakes in the Grass
johngayton's Related Pages
Woolacombe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Woolacombe - All North Devon In One Tasty Morsel!"
- "Memories of Woolacombe, North Devon, UK"
- "Beautiful North Devon Coastline"
- "Wow, Woolacombe!"
- "WOOLACOMBE -NORTH DEVON"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Woolacombe
- Hotels in Woolacombe
- Transportation in Woolacombe
- Restaurants in Woolacombe
- Warnings and Dangers in Woolacombe
- See All...
Explore the World
- Oberjosbach Hotels
- Ardnacrusha Hotels
- High Falls Hotels
- Sohren Hotels
Badges & Stats in Woolacombe
- 13 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (108)
Have you been to Woolacombe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Woolacombe
Photos in WoolacombeSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 75 reviews, 266 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 66 reviews, 221 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 65 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bergamo Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Exeter Intro, 63 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 52 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plovdiv Intro, 44 reviews, 147 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lynmouth Intro, 35 reviews, 153 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos
Latest Woolacombe hotel reviews