"Urquell's home town" Top 5 Page for this destination Plzen by chbuchie

Plzen Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 393 photos

Plzen, the capital of West Bohemia

Conveniently located on our way home (E50 Prague - Nurnberg) from Prague to Belgium, Plzen is worth short visit of one day tops, as long as you don't expect it to be Prague in small.

Living in Belgium we didn't bother visiting the Urquell brewery, yet it provides this city a lot of its fame and I suggest to do it in case you have never seen one before... we had a few beers instead

• Pros:Urquell brewery & museum, town square, synagogue, ...
  • Cons:well yeah not much else
  • In a nutshell:worth a visit as long as u dont expect to see the world here
  • Last visit to Plzen: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 17, 2005

• manilaguy's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Hello Globetrott! I am visiting Plzen this February 2010. I have learned so much from your posts. Thanks a lot!

• Mar 15, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Looks very charming indeed :)

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2007 at 2:47 AM

Quite interesting to find another person who came to Plzen and didn't visit the brewery!

• JustPerfect's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2006 at 6:05 AM

I am comming from near to Plzen and you did this page great, it is as you say

• TravelerM's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2005 at 11:39 PM

The underground looks interesting. BTW, happy new year!! We are only a few hours away from now!

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2005 at 7:50 PM

This would be an important place of pilgrimage for any beer-ophile, a designation which I would award to myself!

• Nov 29, 2005 at 7:59 AM

Lovely page Christian - That view of the town square is incredible!

• nighthawk's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2005 at 11:27 AM

wow very nice photographs! wish i had been older when we visited plzen .. would have had more of an eye for all of what u ve shown us! thanks!

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2005 at 9:22 AM

The Jewish Synagogue,wasn't open to the public when I went,I would love to have seen it.The Brewery has a lovely restaurant,remember next time you go.Thanks for the memories.

chbuchie Visits Here Frequently!

chbuchie

“No milk without cereal, no water without pastis, no football without Zidane, no life without travel”

Badges & Stats in Plzen