"Hiking in Pirin" Pirin by chbuchie
Pirin Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 95 photos
Imagine glorious peaks, some covered by eternal snow, lovely small rivers and beautiful lakes with still water, close your eyes... u r there !!
Departing from Bansko at 900m altitude you walk up the Pirin Mountains to a peak at 2900m on the Mt Vihren.
Though bears, wolves & other wild animals live here we were only lucky enough to spot an eagle
Over 2 days we walked about 55km (of which unfortunately some extra km as we were lost in the beginning of our trip) with our backpack.
Once you arrive above the forest line you feel on another planet with less vegetation, little rivers and gorgeous lakes
All the efforts and sweat was definitely worth seeing the beauty and silence that nature has to offer here.
Sleeping in a refuge (or 'hizha' in Bulgarian) has other charms than the Hilton or Sheraton.
As we chose to tour around several lakes we left the Mt Vihren but climbed up to the other summit at 2714m of altitude.
I promise to add the names of the lakes and summit , but so far wanted to share photos of nice views, even if u know that the real beauty and feeling of magnitude of the mountains can not entirely be captured in a picture
This photo captivates our lightest moment while hiking
- Pros:beautiful views & silence
- Cons:lots of sweat required
- In a nutshell:escape from the daily rush of life
what a lovely sight to see the sun gradually enlighten the moutain peaks and valleys definitely worth it to get up at... more travel advice
chbuchie's Related Pages
Pirin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hiking in Pirin"
- "Pirin National Park"
- "Pirin mountain"
- "Pirin Mountain Bulgaria"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pirin
- 14 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Pirin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pirin
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 33 reviews, 116 photos
- Sofia Intro, 27 reviews, 89 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 64 photos
- Pirin Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Honfleur Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Étretat Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos
- Plovdiv Intro, 6 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antibes Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos
- Rila Intro, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plzen Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos