"A Place for Winding Down" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Perhentian Kecil by dar76
Pulau Perhentian Kecil Travel Guide: 231 reviews and 494 photos
If you're looking for a relatively affordable place that has a laid-back feel to it and white powdery beach with crystal clear water, then Long Beach - Perhentian Island is definitely a place for you !!
Another thing about Long Beach is that it keeps changing every season. There will always be something different about it every season. So don't be surprised when the next time you come, your favourite restaurant is gone.
There are no proper resorts or hotels on the beach except for Bubu Long Beach, which is situated at the northern end of the beach.
The rest of the accomodations available are simple wooden chalets with basic amenities.
Room rates are pretty cheap which ranges between RM30 - RM80 per night. The only drawback is that most of these chalets operates on a walk-in basis so you can't make reservations.
One of the best features of Long Beach would be the crystal clear water which makes you feel like jumping in the moment you arrived at the beach !!
Another aspect that makes it such a great place for swimming is the lack of corals. The whole stretch of beach and the sea bottom are covered with soft powdery white sand.
You don't need your sandals here !!
- Pros: Crystal clear shallow water and soft sandy beach so you don't have to worry about stepping on sharp corals when you go for a swim!!
- Cons: Most accommodations are on a walk-in basis so you might end up walking around looking for a room during peak season.
- In a nutshell: The Perfect Place for Winding Down!!
Here's another way for you to have some fun and exercise at the same time. There's a booth right on the beach, ran by... more travel advice
There are a few water sports facilities available at Long Beach. For those who wants to take in the sights in a... more travel advice
- Keep it Light
- See All Have Your Cash Ready
- See All Taxi Boats
- The Fishing Village
- See All Moonlight Over the Water
dar76's Related Pages
Pulau Perhentian Kecil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Place for Winding Down"
- "Perhentian Kecil - The Younger Sister of Besar"
- "Life's a beach."
- "Pulau Perhentian"
- "Blue Blue Beaches"
- "The Diving Place....and more"
- "Perfect Long Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Hotels in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Transportation in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Nightlife in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Restaurants in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Shopping in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- 26 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Pulau Perhentian Kecil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Wrote a Review Keep it Light in Pulau Perhentian Kecil What to Pack
- Posted in Travel Pulau Perhentian Kecil Forum "RE: Suria Resort or Impiani ..?"
- updated a Pulau Perhentian Kecil Travelogue "My June 2005 Trip"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Place for Winding Down"
- Commented on one of perhentianboys's Pulau Perhentian Kecil travel pages
Photos in Pulau Perhentian KecilSee All Photos (51)
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Perhentian Kecil Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Pulau Redang Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos