"El Fuerte (The Fort)" El Fuerte by susanpingu
El Fuerte Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 65 photos
We chose El Fuerte to be the jumping off base for our Copper Canyon tour. Our Chepe train ride started here instead of Los Mochis.
El Fuerte is a charming little town with tourist attractions like the town's square, civic building and museum, all within an easy walk. The better hotels are near the zocalo.
The civic building with the square central courtyard (pic above) contains some nice murals of El Fuerte's history......from Spanish conquest to present day.
..........that mouthful is just the dam outside of town. It's depicted on the mural painting in the civic building. We... more travel advice
El Fuerte has the typical Mexican town centre which consists of the zocalo with an adjacent civic building and church. more travel advice
susanpingu's Related Pages
El Fuerte Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "El Fuerte (The Fort)"
- "A quiet charming town-Gateway to El Chepe"
- "El Fuerte~Colonial Mexico's Finest"
- "Starting our Copper Canyon tour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in El Fuerte
- Hotels in El Fuerte
- Restaurants in El Fuerte
- Shopping in El Fuerte
- See All...
Badges & Stats in El Fuerte
- 10 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to El Fuerte?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Fuerte
Photos in El FuerteSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- El Fuerte Intro, 10 reviews, 33 photos
- Creel Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Phoenix 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Kuching Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Cambodia 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Huangshan Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Álamos 6 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.