"Home is where the family is..." Mühlhausen by JessH
Mühlhausen Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 48 photos
This small village is my home turf. Contrary to the mind-set of the USA and other countries, there's no shame in being a "small town girl" in Germany :-)
This is where my mother was born, where my grandparents still live, where I attended primary school, where I got my first vaccination shot, where I had my first kiss, where I got my first pet dog, and where I fell out of my first tree...
It's not a hot tourist destination; but you're likely to be passing through our small village when driving through the surrounding areas of Heidelberg, Wiesloch, Karlsruhe and Speyer.
I'll be returning to visit my family this Christmas (2007) so feel free to revisit my pages for updates :-)
A sign at the village limits reads:
"Harmonish umgeben von Sonne & Reben" = "Harmonically surrounded by sun and vines"
Click here for the history of the village
(the small red sign says "rabies risk area"... don't worry about it: it's been there for decades & just indicates what we all know - most of Europe has areas where you *might* once in a blue moon come across a wild animal with rabies. That's all.
I've never been attacked by a pack of squirrels with foamy mouths, and neither will you... ;-)
Check out the village's very-own website: (sorry, only in German)
--> Also check-out my travelogues for more photos below :-)
- Pros:Quiet, clean, friendly, central yet rural... simply picturesque!
- Cons:Too much commuter-traffic at certain times
- In a nutshell:The preffered choice of many Germans: work in the city, live in a village!
Giovanni's family have been in our village for many years and everyone knows him. When Germany won the UEFA world cup... more travel advice
Small villages in Germany are reknown for celebrating... anything really! This phenomenon reminds me a lot of the... more travel advice
JessH's Related Pages
Mühlhausen Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Mühlhausen
- Hotels in Mühlhausen
- Transportation in Mühlhausen
- Restaurants in Mühlhausen
- Shopping in Mühlhausen
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mühlhausen
- 12 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Mühlhausen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mühlhausen
Photos in MühlhausenSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 175 reviews, 631 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 82 reviews, 348 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 54 reviews, 178 photos, 2 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 45 reviews, 157 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 39 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 31 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karachi Intro, 22 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 12 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mühlhausen Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues