"Ko Samui - something for everyone" Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui by JessH
Ko Samui Travel Guide: 1,127 reviews and 2,473 photos
This photo was taken on the top terrace of the Big Buddha.
I actually do really hate looking like a typical tourist, but on this day I needed the hat because my forehead was sunburnt, and Johnno wanted his camera at-the-ready at all times...
Seriously; how cheesy is this picture?! hahahah!
More info on Big Buddha here
NOTE: Due to incredible laziness & VT-Miscellanous Forum addiction I'm actually STILL in the process of adding tips on occasion... so come and have a look once in a while. Tips & photos are still being added!
I believe Koh Samui is great for any type of traveller: be it a backpacker, a family with kids, the romantic couple, or simply a group of friends looking for fun in the sun! There is also something for every budget: the backpacking motel, cozy bungalows on the beach or 5-star luxury resorts.
I also found it to be quite safe and didn't really feel that I couldn't go anywhere in particular, be it in the tourist centres or more towards the centre of the island.
Thankfully Koh Samui was unaffected by the Tsunami in Dec.2004, as it lies in the Gulf of Thailand.
My particular interest in Samui lies with the Dog & Cat Rescue Centre Samui / DRCS.Thanks to the tireless efforts of this amazing German wife-and-husband team, Ko Samui is the ONLY Thai island free of rabies.
IF YOU FIND A DOG/CAT THAT IS IN URGENT NEED OF MEDICAL ATTENTION OR SHELTER, CALL THEM ON: 0066 77 413 490 or 0066 81 893 94 43.
--> Check my Accomodation Tips for Animal-Friendly Hotels!
Chaweng Beach is the busiest and most lively tourist-oriented area of Kho Samui. Loads of bars, restaurants, cafes, pubs, shops, street vendors, malls, art galleries... you get the picture.
We stayed at the Amari Palm Reef at the top-end of the road - a bit quietr and more secluded there, but it's only a 10 min walk into the bustling centre! If you stay at the bottom-end of the road, you'll be closer to Laim Din Market and the Soi Green Mango, where the discos/nightclubs can be found.
- Pros:Something for everyone, and lots to explore!
- Cons:Can get a bit crowded during peak season
- In a nutshell:A holiday with something for everyone!
Cooking healthy, delicious and healthy Asian food at home is not that difficult. In fact, this is one of my favourite... more travel advice
In the past and even today on rare occasions, the authorities or hotel owners on Ko Samui have poisoned stray cats &... more travel advice
- See All A splash of colour, after your holiday!
- See All TRY THE COCONUTS!
- No fuss, no pretence, just good times &...
JessH's Related Pages
Ko Samui Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Koh Samui"
- "REVIVAL TOUR 2008-?"
- "Samui Sun"
- "Ko Samui - something for everyone"
- "Koh Samui"
- "AT THE BIG BUDDHA"
- "Koh Samui - Beautiful Island in South Thailand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Samui
- Hotels in Ko Samui
- Transportation in Ko Samui
- Nightlife in Ko Samui
- Restaurants in Ko Samui
- Shopping in Ko Samui
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Samui
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Samui
- 19 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 47 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Ko Samui?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Samui
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Toblerone chocolate"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Recipe for Thai-style steamed fish"
- Wrote a Review Recipe for Thai-style steamed fish in Ko Samui Local Customs
- updated a Ko Samui Travel Page "Ko Samui - something for everyone"
- Commented on one of LINSY's Ko Samui travel pages
Photos in Ko SamuiSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 175 reviews, 631 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 82 reviews, 348 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 54 reviews, 178 photos, 2 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 45 reviews, 157 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 31 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karachi Intro, 22 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 12 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mühlhausen Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues