"Sensory Overload - Karachi" Top 5 Page for this destination Karachi by JessH
Karachi Travel Guide: 488 reviews and 1,043 photos
I was invited together with my fiance John and 2 friends of mine to attend a wedding in Karachi. This was our first trip to Pakistan and certainly was a great experience!
After booking our flights wit PiA (they have the most convenient flight schedule from Dubai) and applying for our visit visas, we set-off for what was to become a hectic, overpowering & insightful 3-day trip to Karachi during which we managed to see quite a lot!
Many things could be said about Karachi:
> the economic & industrial centre of Pakistan
> dirty, extremely polluted, crumbling at the edges
> very friendly people, happy to see Westerners visiting their city
> good value for money in markets, restaurants, etc.
> that slightly unsafe, dodgy feeling you get when being watched by hundreds of curious eyes
In the end, I've very much enjoyed my trip to Karachi. I'm very glad we visited and had this experience.
It's a city I'm content with having visited once, and not again :-)
This said, I'm intrigued to explore more of the rural areas of Pakistan and the gorgeous mountains in the North of the country... Insh'allah one day...
Picture with bride & groom, best man and closest cousins.
A minute of calm and silence in this hectic city...
- Pros:Buzzing, hectic, a wake-up-call in today's sheltered & censored world.
- Cons:Dirty, hectic, a wake-up-call in today's sheltered & censored world! ;-)
- In a nutshell:Not a good experience, not a bad experience: simply an Experience
Here are the contact details (year 2007) of some consulates and high commissions that are located in... more travel advice
During our stay in Karachi we had the luxury of a private driver, so we never took a ride on these symbols of the city:... more travel advice
JessH's Related Pages
Karachi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karachi ~ Over the edge!"
- "KARACHI - THE CITY OF LIGHTS"
- "Karachi an Unpredictable city"
- "Sensory Overload - Karachi"
- "Faiza & Ifrah's Southern Sindh Province"
- "Karachi - Where No One Sleeps Hungry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karachi
- Hotels in Karachi
- Transportation in Karachi
- Nightlife in Karachi
- Restaurants in Karachi
- Shopping in Karachi
- Warnings and Dangers in Karachi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karachi
- 22 Reviews
- 81 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Karachi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karachi
- updated a Karachi Travel Page "Sensory Overload - Karachi"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Toblerone chocolate"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Useful Contacts: Your consulate in Karachi"
- Wrote a Review Useful Contacts: Your consulate in Karachi about Embassies in Karachi Favorites
- Commented on one of zainfeb13's Karachi travel pages
Photos in KarachiSee All Photos (81)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 175 reviews, 631 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 82 reviews, 348 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heidelberg Intro, 54 reviews, 178 photos, 2 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 45 reviews, 157 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos, 3 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 31 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karachi Intro, 22 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 12 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mühlhausen Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues