"Shendi, gateway to the pyramids" Shendi by awladhassan
Shendi Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 38 photos
We have been to Shendi by road and through it by rail. By rail was an experience because we saw people racing to the train as it arrived at the station, offering water, boiled eggs or hand woven crafts to passengers to buy.
On the return journey, people got on heading for Khartoum. As the journey was likely to be long, so many people had brought food; not only that but primus stoves to cook or heat food on. The mind shudders now at what risks were being taken. All we remember are the friendly people who beckoned us to come and share the food with them.
From Shendi it is a short drive to Bejrawiya where the ancient pyramid fields are, and also to the remains of the Royal City of Meroe.
awladhassan's Related Pages
Shendi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shendi and nearby Archaeological sites"
- "Shendi, Sudan"
- "Shendi, gateway to the pyramids"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shendi
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Shendi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shendi
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saqqarah Intro, 3 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pyramids of Giza Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubai Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khartoum Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Sudan Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues