"the native Capital" Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman by awladhassan
Omdurman Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 148 photos
Omdurman was the capital at the time of the Mahdiya, and still is the most native in character of the Three Towns making up the capital. It has extended much in the last 50 years since Independence with new areas like Thawra, Hetana, Um Bedda and others.
Streets are still a rabbit's warren in the older parts, but there has been building going on too.
One of us went to University in Omdurman, so was very familiar with certain roads, but this may have changed too.
Now Omdurman has two bridges joining it to Khartoum,, and one linking it to Khartoum North..
The camel market is north of the Omdurman Market, within walking distance. Camels and other animals are on sale, but we... more travel advice
awladhassan's Related Pages
Omdurman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Omdurman - the real capital"
- "the native Capital"
- "Traditional town"
- "Miscellaneous Omdurman"
- "Welcome to Omdurman"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Omdurman
- Transportation in Omdurman
- Nightlife in Omdurman
- Restaurants in Omdurman
- Shopping in Omdurman
- Warnings and Dangers in Omdurman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Omdurman
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Omdurman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Omdurman
Photos in OmdurmanSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saqqarah Intro, 3 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pyramids of Giza Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubai Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khartoum Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Sudan Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues