"Aswan" Aswan by awladhassan
Aswan Travel Guide: 626 reviews and 2,057 photos
Aswan lies near the Sudanese border with Egypt. The people of the this region on both sides of Lake NAsser are Nubians, a purer race than the Egyptians of the north.
Aswan lies on the Nile, facing Elephantine Island, known since pharaonic times.
The Aswan DAm and the High DAm are both nearby.
The river at Aswan is very busy. Feluccas, cruise boats, motorboats all use the river.
Aswan is the start of the first cataract, where the NIle becomes more difficult to navigate because of the rocks.
- Pros:A lovely little town
The old Aswan dam is in a military area so you can only drive across it, but it is possible to see it from a boat when... more travel advice
awladhassan's Related Pages
Aswan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Aswan"
- "Aswan, Egypt"
- "Aswan - beauty by the Nile"
- "One of the Most Attractive Cities in Egypt"
- "Going with the flow of the Nile"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aswan
- Hotels in Aswan
- Transportation in Aswan
- Nightlife in Aswan
- Restaurants in Aswan
- Shopping in Aswan
- Warnings and Dangers in Aswan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aswan
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Aswan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aswan
Photos in AswanSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saqqarah Intro, 3 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pyramids of Giza Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubai Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khartoum Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Sudan Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue