Voronezh Transportation Tips by rw-bigfoot
Voronezh Transportation: 3 reviews and 2 photos
we took a train to Voronezh from Moscow. Check for available tickets! Book a whole room 4 beds even if it's only one or two of you or you will be sharing a very small sleeping room with some drunken Russians! it cost us 340.00 U.S. dollars for a sleeping cabin booking all 4 beds for the two of us we booked round trip and then had our tickets changed when we came home a few days earlier it cost us 20.00 to change the tickets to an earlier train. it leaves Moscow at about 9.00 pm and arrives in Voronezh at about 8:00 am the next morning. Book your tickets ahead of time in high tourist season there was only one cabin left when we changed our tickets and we changed them a week before we left. Do not book a ticket in an open car you will be sorry spend the few extra dollars for a private lockable cabin. It will cost you 60 Rubles for the bedding sheets per person, she will try to make you buy for all 4 beds but stand your ground only buy for the beds you will sleep on! they have free boiled water on the train, we never drank it , take your own tissue to the bathroom Don't use the water in the bathroom for anything, I wouldn't even wash my hands with it, it's not drinkable at all! The time you get to your destination the toilet may be out of water and not working. You can't use the toilet while at a station or the last few miles of the train ride, go to the bathroom at least an hour before the train arrives at your station or you will be waiting in a very long line. We heard of thieves stealing from cabins while you're out of them be careful! You will have to get your own lugagge up and into the train yourself remember that when packing not much space inside the cabin either. Take your night clothes it's a long ride make yourself comfortable! Bring ALL the water and food you will want to eat, I wouldn't get off at one of the stops to get something the train just takes off when it wants too it could sit there 15 minutes or so and then again it just might stop and start right back up!
RIde the Bus if you don't want to walk. we walked all over town mostly, but the bus will take you everywhere cheap! 4. rubles for the electric bus and 4.5 rubles for the regular bus and 6.50 rubles for the van like buses. But be prepared to stand while riding and packed in like sardines!
More Reviews (29)
- See All and even more orphans!
- See All Prositutes out at Night and during the...
- street walkers
- See All Don't sit on the Monuments or Steps of...
- See All What to Pack from Home
rw-bigfoot's Related Pages
Voronezh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Voronezh, inside the Central Market"
- "Voronezh Russia"
- "Visiting a friend"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Voronezh
- Hotels in Voronezh
- Transportation in Voronezh
- Nightlife in Voronezh
- Restaurants in Voronezh
- Shopping in Voronezh
- Warnings and Dangers in Voronezh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Voronezh
- 31 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Voronezh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Voronezh
Photos in VoronezhSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caribbean and Central America Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos
- Voronezh Intro, 31 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aruba Intro, 11 reviews, 55 photos
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos
- Saint Martin Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos
- Bashkia e Tiranës 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Pass Christian Intro, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Barbados Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos