Voronezh Restaurant Tips by rw-bigfoot

Voronezh Restaurants: 8 reviews and 4 photos

Voronezh Streets - Voronezh

Voronezh Streets

yellow vendor trailers all over town: Chicken from the vendor stand 140 Rubles

the best rotissier chicken, whole "hen" for 140 Rubles use the word hen when asking for a chicken, Russian's don't use the word chicken. This was the best eating on the streets for us.

Address: yellow vendor trailers all over town

Comparison: least expensive

Directions: one is right by the central market but can be found all over

Price: less than US$10

Rating: 5

Theme: Street Vendor

• Updated Jun 18, 2005
Voronezh Streets - Voronezh

Voronezh Streets

right next to each other: McDonalds/Baskin Robbins

McDonalds and Baskin Robbins Ice cream are right together on the same side of the road easy to find right off the main road there's a McDonalds sign pointing the way. Great restrooms in MickyD's terrible in Baskin Robbins, wasn't much on the food at McD's didn't taste like the real thing, but there's buffet in the same building as Baskin Robbins store and they had great rice we got a double order of rice and vegetables for 10 Rubles great buy and good eating. We didn't know a lick of Russian and was able to place order just point and show how many Rubles you want of it! The Ice cream at Baskin Robbins was very expensive for tourist only! It was great but too expensive! Go to one of the local quick stores for an ice cream bar!

Address: right off the main road signs point the way!

Comparison: least expensive

Price: less than US$10

Rating: 4

Theme: Fast Food

• Updated Jun 18, 2005
Outdoor Cafe - Voronezh

Outdoor Cafe

What to Pack from Home

We packed a few things from home. I have a weak stomach so I wanted to make sure I was eating while there. I packed a sqeeze tube of peanut butter Perfect! the Goldfish crackers handled the trip really well, I took chesse and preztel Goldfish. Perfect with the squeeze tube of peanut butter we had a high protein meal just about anywhere from waiting in the airport to a fast meal. I also took protein bars, to me they were terrible tasting exspensive and not worth bringing. I also took a few cans of cooked chicken it was heavy in the lugagge but we ate a can for lunch in the park more than once and just by stopping at the store and picking up some bread and a icecream we had a nice fast easy to pack meal on the go, I took dried soup mix, packed great but we were in good shape drinking tea all the time so we didn't use the soup packs. I brought my own tea bags, this was great too, their tea was green tea or black tea so a few different flavor teas was a good change once in a while, You WILL drink lots of tea if you are invited into peoples home. Also pack a few plastic spoons, forks and knives they came in real handy! Make sure what you bring you can open! We took things that had self pop top lids no need for a can opener! We had no trouble drinking their water once it was boiled. I ate lots of different bread there, in every market and in every quick store you will fine fresh bread. Also buy your icecream in the quick stores not from a street vendor, they are twice the price we had a favorite one it has a pink and odd color green striped wrapper with a picture of a chocolate icecream on it with chocolate and peanuts. It tastes something like a heath bar but even better! Vanilla icecream coated in chocolate and peanuts for 8 Rubles. Just look at the wrappers you will be able to tell about whats inside them. I lived on bread, icecream, chicken, rice, pop and bottled water for the most part.

Rating: 5

Theme: Other

• Written Jun 19, 2005

rw-bigfoot

“Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, and Today is a Gift! Live Life Today, You're not promised tomorrow!”

Badges & Stats in Voronezh

Have you been to Voronezh?