Balicasag Island Favorite Tips by nodarcdam
Balicasag Island Favorites: 2 reviews and 10 photos
VERY PROVINCIAL SCENE
Favorite thing: It is really a wonder that while Balicasag Island is teeming with marine resources, the island maintained its rustic lifestyle.
Fondest memory: The charming rural scene along the shore of the island
THESMALL POLE INDICATING THE DROP OFF POINT
Favorite thing: Some would say that the diving/snorkeling sites of Balicasag Island is one of the best in the whole world. For me, I could just say that it is the best snorkeling spot in the Philippines. There are just too many fishes, corals and marine life even at the shallow part of the island.
Fondest memory: I am not an adventurous person when it comes to aquatic activities. The most that I will do is snorkel with life jacked and someone watching over me the whole time. I regularly check how far am I from the shore and always mindful of the color of the sea, clear means it is still shallow and bluish means it is deep or nearing the drop off point. In Balicasag Island, however, I broke my self imposed threshold.
I was too pleased with what I was seeing then and I noticed that the volume of fish and the color of the colars are increasing and I know that a drop off is somewhere near. Instead of turning around, I was lured by the number of colorful fish swirling and circling around. Never saw such number of colors swimming in front of me. I ventured forward and the water is turning blue. I broke into the phalanx of colorful fish and for a considerable I length, I allowed myself to venture into the part of the blue sea where I could no longer see the ocean floor. It was only when I saw big objects moving below that I decided to turn around and head to the shallow part.
On my way back, I could see part of the wall and the overhangs teeming with corals and fish. As I reach the drop off point, I could see the colorful fishes coming towards me, though not in a menacing manner. It would seem that the fishes were congratulating me for what I have done. When I reached the shallow part and I looked back and said to myself "What was I thinking then?"
More Reviews (3)
nodarcdam's Related Pages
Balicasag Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BALICASAG ISLAND, BOHOL"
- "Balicasag, One Of Must-See Places In Bohol"
- "The Jacks and the Jackass of All Trades"
- "Dive Balicasag Island"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Beliatta Hotels
- San Cristóbal de La Laguna Hotels
- Live Oak
- Silver Lake State Park Hotels
- Roto Ma Hotels
Badges & Stats in Balicasag Island
- 5 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Balicasag Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Balicasag Island
Photos in Balicasag IslandSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bohol Intro, 29 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panglao Island Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Tagbilaran City Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- Loboc Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos
- Carmen Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Balicasag Island Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos
- Pungtud Island Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Pamilacan Island Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Maribojoc Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Sagbayan Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos