Panglao Island Things to Do Tips by nodarcdam Top 5 Page for this destination
Panglao Island Things to Do: 71 reviews and 206 photos
But this time, don't look up, look down. There are a lot in the sea.
Address: WATER AROUND PANGLAO ISLAND
ENTRANCE TO THE HINAGDANAN CAVE
Hinagdanan Cave is located at Barangay Bingag, Dauis, Panglao Island. Dauis is one of the towns of Panglao Island, the other one is Panglao and Dauis is just 5 minutes from Tagbilaran City.
Hinagdanan Cave is un underground cave with a lagoon inside. The name Hinagdanan is derived from the word "hagdan" or stairs. There are two holes on the ceiling of the cave , allowing some sunlight inside the dark cave. The steps are slippery that is why they made a crude railing made of rope to guide you inside the cave.
Address: BINGAG, DAUIS, PANGLAO ISLAND
Directions: It is right after the gate of Panglao Island Nature Resort. From Tagbilaran, take the old bridge linking Tagbilaran and Panglao, straight ahead, you will see on the right side of the road the signs of Hinagdanan Cave and Panglao Island Nature Resort.
BASKETFUL OF SA-ANG
Being an island, Panglao Island is teeming with aquatic resources which also provide food and livelihood for the locals. The seafood which I fancy the most when I am in Panglao is SA-ANG ANON or simply SA-ANG. It is a seashell and the little "creature" inside is a delicious treat. I love sa-ang, whether kinilaw or grilled. It can be bought at the stores which lined the road going to Duljo and in these stores, the little "creature" inside the shell had already been extracted and ready to cook. Some stores sell them frozen.
Every Tuesday and Thursday night, the restaurants along Alona Beach include Sa-ang in their fare and they are grilled before your eyes. It is quite a challenge to extricate the flesh from the shell. The food stall in front of Oasis is my favorite grilling place and they always have Sa-ang.
More Reviews (25)
- See All ALONA TROPICAL'S GARDEN
- See All SIMPLE AND LESS EXPENSIVE
- See All ACCOMMODATION ON THE EASTERN SIDE OF...
- See All BEST WAY TO EXPLORE PANGLAO ISLAND II
nodarcdam's Related Pages
Panglao Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PANGLAO ISLAND, MY FAVORITE PLACE IN MY COUNTRY"
- "Serene Paradise - Panglao Island"
- "Panglao, the Island Paradise"
- "Beach Bumming in Alona Beach, Panglao Island."
- "(Panglao + Balicasag) Island = Dive Heaven"
- "Panglao Island"
- "Panglao Island and Bohol Vacation 2007"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Panglao Island
- Hotels in Panglao Island
- Transportation in Panglao Island
- Nightlife in Panglao Island
- Restaurants in Panglao Island
- Shopping in Panglao Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Panglao Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Menton Hotels
- Aranda de Duero
- Tilbury Hotels
- Sly Park Hotels
- Abaco Island
- Old Washington Historic State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Panglao Island
- 28 Reviews
- 102 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Panglao Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Panglao Island
Photos in Panglao IslandSee All Photos (102)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bohol Intro, 29 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panglao Island Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Tagbilaran City Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- Loboc Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos
- Carmen Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Balicasag Island Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos
- Pungtud Island Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Pamilacan Island Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Maribojoc Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Sagbayan Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
Latest Panglao Island hotel reviews
- Alona Kew White Beach Resort
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 31, 2013
- Dumaluan Beach Resort 2
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Lost Horizon Resort
- 135 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Bohol Divers Resort
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Paragayo Resort
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Sea Corals Beach Resort
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 16, 2011
- Flower Garden Resort
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Bohol Sea Resort
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Isis Bungalows
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- Amarela Resort
- 198 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Bohol Bee Farm
- 145 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Bohol Plaza Resort
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 17, 2013
- Oasis Resort
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 21, 2013
- Playa Blanca
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 20, 2013
- Peter's House
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 8, 2013