"PANGLAO ISLAND, MY FAVORITE PLACE IN MY COUNTRY" Top 5 Page for this destination Panglao Island by nodarcdam
Panglao Island Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 753 photos
There are disputes as to whether which is the best destination between Boracay Island and Panglao Island. I have been to both places and for me, I will pick Panglao Island, anytime.
The selling points of Boracay Island are the clear water, beautiful fine white sand and the nightlife. I will cancel out the nightlife at the very instance as the reason why I take a vacation is to take a respite from the city life. While it is true that the Boracay has clear water and fine white sand, it is ideal primarily for swimming.
On the other hand, Panglao Island is known for its beautiful beaches, not only for swimming but also for snorkeling/ diving and watching marine creatures. There are several beaches in Panglao Island and my favorite spots are Alona beach, Doljo beach, Puntod Island and Balicasag Island. While the white sand of Alona beach may not be as fine as the sand of Boracay beach Puntod Island can rival, if not outclass, the fine white sand of Boracay.
One thing I discovered in Panglao Island is that the best swimming site is not the shoreline but several meters from the shore. With the usual calm water, there are shallow spots, about waist deep, several meters away from Alona beach , where one could spend long hours swimming with white fine sand beneath and crystal clear water around. Even without any mask, on can see small colorful fishes swimming with, around or beneath.
There are a lot of things I miss when I am away from Panglao Island. I am not into deep sea diving but I could spend the whole day snorkeling and watching beautiful coral reefs, fishes and other marine creatures. Watching dolphins frolic in early mornings is quite an experience.
I guess the thing that I miss most is the people of Panglao Island. I never had any bad experience with the townfolks of Panglao. They are friendly, helpful and not "makulit" They always wear smiles on their faces and they know how to deal with tourists. The personnel of the establisments in Panglao are all locals, trying their best to make one's stay in the island a pleasant and memorable one.
The unexplored and undeveloped Doljo Beach is located at the tip of Panglao Island. It is derived from the word "dulo" or tip. Ananyana Beach Resort is located in Duljo Beach.
Panglao Watch Tower is the tallest watch tower, not only in Panglao Island, but the whole of Bohol. It is situated beside the Panglao Church.
- Pros:BEACH, FOOD, FRIENDLY PEOPLE
- In a nutshell:I WILL LIVE HERE SOMEDAY
Save for the beachfront cottages, the rooms in Alona Tropical have a view of the beautiful garden. The garden is well... more travel advice
Before dusk, the various restaurants along would set up tables and chairs by the beach with some having canopies. I... more travel advice
- See All ACCOMMODATION ON THE EASTERN SIDE OF...
- See All BEST WAY TO EXPLORE PANGLAO ISLAND II
- QUIET NIGHT AT ALONA BEACH
nodarcdam's Related Pages
Panglao Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PANGLAO ISLAND, MY FAVORITE PLACE IN MY COUNTRY"
- "Serene Paradise - Panglao Island"
- "Panglao, the Island Paradise"
- "Beach Bumming in Alona Beach, Panglao Island."
- "(Panglao + Balicasag) Island = Dive Heaven"
- "Panglao Island"
- "Panglao Island and Bohol Vacation 2007"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Panglao Island
- Hotels in Panglao Island
- Transportation in Panglao Island
- Nightlife in Panglao Island
- Restaurants in Panglao Island
- Shopping in Panglao Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Panglao Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Panglao Island
- 28 Reviews
- 102 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Panglao Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Panglao Island
Photos in Panglao IslandSee All Photos (102)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bohol Intro, 29 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panglao Island Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos
- Tagbilaran City Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- Loboc Intro, 6 reviews, 28 photos
- Carmen Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Balicasag Island Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos
- Pungtud Island Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- Pamilacan Island Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
- Maribojoc Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Sagbayan Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos