"St Patrick's Town" Downpatrick by diamond_skies
Downpatrick Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 10 photos
Downpatrick is most well known for being the supposed final resting place of St Patrick. Patrick was a busy boy in this area, founding many churches. There are a lot of other early Christian sites in the area around the town.
The town itself is quaint with mostly Victorian buildings. The surrounding countryside is very pretty, with rolling green hills (called drumlins) and scatterings of gorse, which are bright yellow in the spring.
diamond_skies' Related Pages
Downpatrick Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St Patrick's Town"
- "Historic Downpatrick"
- "A hike to the top of Slieve Donard"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Downpatrick
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Downpatrick?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Downpatrick
Photos in DownpatrickSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Belfast Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sainte-Agnès Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Downpatrick Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belvédère 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Peïra-Cava Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Portrush Intro, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Enniskillen Intro, 2 reviews
- Roquebillière 1 review, 1 photo
- Clough Intro, 2 reviews