"San Marino – the Tiny Capital of the Tiny Republic" Top 5 Page for this destination San Marino by Zvrlj
San Marino Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 424 photos
San Marino is considered to be the oldest constitutional republic in the world. According to the tradition it was founded on September the 3rd 301 by Marinus of Rab, a Christian stonemason fleeing the religious persecution of Roman Emperor Diocletian.
The history of the city San Marino is almost the same as the history of the state itself due to being the capital and, for a time, the only city in San Marino.
It was their saint that made them free "Nemini teneri" which means "not dependant on anyone". "Nemini teneri" – freedom in the language of the middle ages.
From the video Nemini teneri, which means Do not depend on anyone, © Copyright by V.E. Pizzulin & M. Cecchetti
Prisons in the fortresses – it is not local custom of San Marino, it is global custom. But similarly to the Lev... more travel advice
Just by the side of Basilica del Santo there is the tiny Chisetta di San Pietro – the Church of Saint Peter. Erected... more travel advice
Zvrlj's Related Pages
San Marino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Marino – the Tiny Capital of the Tiny Republic"
- "San Marino: ancient land of liberty"
- "City of San Marino"
- "Historical centre"
- "San Marino"
- "San Marino – The oldest Republic in the World"
- "Medeval Republic of San Marino"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Marino
- Hotels in San Marino
- Transportation in San Marino
- Restaurants in San Marino
- Shopping in San Marino
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Marino
- 14 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to San Marino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Marino
Photos in San MarinoSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 94 reviews, 176 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kragujevac Intro, 58 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lausanne Intro, 52 reviews, 132 photos
- Prague Intro, 36 reviews, 94 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Neuchâtel Intro, 30 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ohrid Intro, 20 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Niksic Intro, 20 reviews, 48 photos
- Petrovac na Moru Intro, 14 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Despotovac Intro, 14 reviews, 40 photos
- Budapest Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue