"Funka, Chojnice... (V)" Chojnice by Zvrlj

Chojnice Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 7 photos

I have spent one month in northern Poland, in place called Funka, near the Charzykowsike Lake, as the participant of "Funka" Art Workshop. It has seemed, during first several days, that I will be bored, but I have "discovered" Charzykowsike Lake, town Chojnice, I have organized visits of Gdansk, Malbork, Bydgoszcz, then Krakow (on the way back home), I have seen several towns just for hour or two (Tczew, Koscierzyna, Starogard Gdanski) – and I have had great time in Poland.

Chojnice is very nice, quiet, small town, about 80 km northwest from Bydgoszcs, and 130 km southwest from Gdansk. It is a sailing center and the starting point for excursions to the Tucholskie Forests and the Krajenskie Lakeland Belt. There is beautiful main square dominated by Chojnice City Hall Building. In very narrow area, near main square, there are fragments of 14th century defensive walls with the Czluchowska Gate, and two churches.

Chojnice is great place to spend some peaceful time and to enjoy nature that surrounds it.

• Last visit to Chojnice: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 1, 2007

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2009 at 1:41 PM

A beer with a view sounds great :) the lake is lovely and the gate reminds me of one I saw in Germany = thanks for sharing!!

• ZiOOlek's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2007 at 11:49 AM

Zywiec is one of my best beers.:)

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2006 at 7:46 AM

Glad you enjoyed your time in Poland. The lake looks so peaceful and serene. I'd like to paddle a canoe there.

Zvrlj

“Run and find out | Idi pa vidi”

Badges & Stats in Chojnice

Have you been to Chojnice?

Latest Activity in Chojnice