"Funka, Malbork... (V)" Top 5 Page for this destination Malbork by Zvrlj

Malbork Travel Guide: 260 reviews and 507 photos

I have spent one month in northern Poland, in place called Funka, near the Charzykowsike Lake, as the participant of "Funka" Art Workshop. It has seemed, during first several days, that I will be bored, but I have "discovered" Charzykowsike Lake, town Chojnice, I have organized visits of Gdansk, Malbork, Bydgoszcz, then Krakow (on the way back home), I have seen several towns just for hour or two (Tczew, Koscierzyna, Starogard Gdanski) – and I have had great time in Poland.

Malbork or Marienburg was the place I have never heard of, before my Polish friends have recommended me to visit it. I was quite doubtful about it, but, finally, I have decided to woke up at 4:30 am, to change 3 transportations (bus + 2 trains) to reach it, and I have not regret it at all, on contrary...

• Last visit to Malbork: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 1, 2007

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2013 at 4:28 AM

Good that you decided to go even though you had to wake up very early. I plan to visit on a day trip from Gdansk in January.

• betako3's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2008 at 9:52 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed Poland. Malbork is a great place, have to go back there some time.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2006 at 8:46 AM

Quite a castle! I saw it from the train. Imagine you could take a long time to tour the whole thing....enormous!!

Zvrlj

“Run and find out | Idi pa vidi”

Badges & Stats in Malbork

Have you been to Malbork?

Latest Activity in Malbork