"Guanajuato, winding streets, and strange sites" Top 5 Page for this destination Guanajuato by jonbarb709
Guanajuato Travel Guide: 180 reviews and 585 photos
This was one week that we will probably never forget. There is a mummy museum that is a must see. Diego Rivera's Museum and the Don Quixote Museum and just two of the great museums in this town over over 114,000. There is the Valenciana Mine and the San Ramon Mineshaft, both are open for you to visit. This town has massive tunnels right in the center of town, where traffic goes rather than the narrow streets. This is also a college town. Very little English is spoken here. The Jardin de la Union (center of town) offers everything from restaurants, theater, museums, and people watching.
I am sure that there are probably more but the two we visited and though they were extraordinary was the Cass de Capelo (Javier de Jusus Hernandez) known at Capelo has his workshop high above Guanjauato, past La Valenciana church. There are signs, if you decide to walk it is very long and straight up. You can take a bus and there is a stop just before the dirt road that goes steeply to the left of the highway. The other artist is Gorky Gonzalez. He has both a workshop and a restaurant.
- Pros:A town you can walk to almost everything. Bus is cheap
- Cons:Little English is spoken. Have change.
- In a nutshell:Enjoyable, great vacation.
This is Museum of Diego Rivera, the house were he was born. Paintings from 1920-1956. The house was restored and... more travel advice
Trying to find this place was the first problem. The winding streets, the backroad, the narrow alleys. I remember... more travel advice
jonbarb709's Related Pages
Guanajuato Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Place of Montuous Frogs"
- "Travel Notes from Guanajuato"
- "Guanajuato, winding streets, and strange sites"
- "Just one day in Guanajuato leaves you wanting more"
- "THE COLONIAL CITY OF GUANAJUATO"
- "Guanajuato city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guanajuato
- Hotels in Guanajuato
- Transportation in Guanajuato
- Nightlife in Guanajuato
- Restaurants in Guanajuato
- Shopping in Guanajuato
- Warnings and Dangers in Guanajuato
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guanajuato
- 7 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Guanajuato?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guanajuato
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 18 reviews
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews
- Amsterdam Intro, 7 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guanajuato Intro, 7 reviews
- Ireland Intro, 5 reviews
- Budapest Fovaros Intro, 4 reviews
- Budapest Intro, 4 reviews
- Guadalajara Intro, 4 reviews
- San Miguel de Allende Intro, 4 reviews
- Turkey Intro, 3 reviews