"My Home Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Ukiah by askgriff
Ukiah Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 37 photos
I was born in Ukiah, California. I think it's a wonderful community with beautiful views, fairly mild seasons (although the summers get REALLY hot... but it's a dry heat, right?). But there's not much to do -- especially for young people.
We have a lake... but during the summer, most of our water is depleted and sent to Sonoma County. We have a nice river... but most of the Russian River access is limited or privately owned. We have a Wal-Mart... and about 5,000 hotels, tire shops, and hardware stores. (Okay, that's a high estimate.) :)
What's wonderful about Ukiah is that you're an hour from the ocean, an hour from 4+ different lakes, an hour from the redwoods, an hour from the city. So, basically, you're an hour away from something to do. :)
Anyway, I started this page to talk about my travels, so that's probably enough about Ukiah... for now.
- Pros:Nice scenery, an hour from lots of activities.
- Cons:High cost of housing, summers are too hot, not much to do.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful scenery, wineries, lumber, and grapes galore.
Vichy Springs is a unique 150 year old historic hot springs resort only two hours north of downtown San Francisco. Vichy... more travel advice
askgriff's Related Pages
Ukiah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where everybody knows your name..."
- "Ukiah's Days"
- "My Home Town"
- "Ukiah - Seat of Mendocino County"
- "Not Sure Why You'd Be Here, But..."
- "Last stop B4 San Fran"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ukiah
- Hotels in Ukiah
- Restaurants in Ukiah
- Warnings and Dangers in Ukiah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ukiah
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Ukiah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ukiah
- West Knoxville Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ukiah Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.