"Paradise found" Vatulele by cehansen
Vatulele Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
We came here for our 25th wedding anniversary and joined 7 other couples from around the world who were celebrating anniversaries and honeymoons. This is a special place, private, yet a sense of community. Only 16 bures, and two luxury lodges, there is a maximum of 18 couples at any one time...and over 100 staff to pamper you.
You can choose to eat and hide away in your bure (nothing rustic here, other than the fact it is not air-conditioned) or take part in the communal meals - great time of getting to know each other around the lunch or dinner table and take part in organised activities if you wish.
It was awesome getting to meet and get to know people - you feel like you've known them forever after just a couple of days.
The staff look after you like family!
The meals here are amazing, the chef creates something special every day. You always have a choice for both lunch and dinner, and dessert is always offered at these meals. Cocktails pre lunch and pre dinner, great wines with your meals and a choice of special places for just two to dine away from it all.
We chose to have our anniversary dinner on the beach and it was just fabulous. We were still waited on with superb food and the setting was just divine!
Another choice was to have breakfast or lunch on Nukinuki Island - a small sandy island far enough offshore to be away from anyone else, but a short boat trip away. The crystal waters are great for snorkelling or just soaking in, a bure for shelter and another for eating under. Peace and no mosquitos out here!
You are dropped off, the food etc set up for you and left alone for 2-3-4 hours. If you want to do this it pays to book this excursion as soon as you arrive as it's really popular!
- Pros:Warm clear waters, luxury and pampering by the staff, location, unspoilt by civilization, this resort is the only development on the island but there are 4 local villages.
- Cons:cost - but worth it, having to leave and go back to reality!
- In a nutshell:Paradise on earth!
cehansen's Related Pages
Vatulele Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vatulele
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Vatulele?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vatulele
Top 10 Pages
- Fiji Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vernazza Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Kuala Lumpur 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Abel Tasman National Park Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Wellington Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Pulau Bintan 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Lake Taupo Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Singapore 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Melbourne 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Maroochydore Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
No friends yet.