"re builbing" stemc's Profile

being redone for when back from morocco

Ancient History and Civilisations

Ancient History and Civilisations
I have always been interested in history from my early school days up to day in my forty's I read and surf the net for interesting articles on ancient history
My favourite period is the roman republican period and the roman empire but from time to time I will read up on the Greeks and other civilisations
My children through me are also history addicts watching the history channel and discovery on TV and visiting ancient sights ,Greece and Turkey ,my daughter as the travelling bug so much she as just completed a degree in tourism and is now studying a post grad degree so she can lecture at collage in travel and tourism ( she is only doing this so she can arrange more trips to go on and get paid for it)

fishing

my other hobby is fishing being stuck in doors doing my job for 40 hours a week ,when the weathers fine i go fishing in my local area being in the north west of england there is plenty coasre fishing to be had .

ireland

my friends and i go over to ireland every now and again to fish the lakes in ireland in county monohan and county cavan the home of a thousand lakes

florence 11thmar to 15th mar 2006

we had a great 5 days in florence the hotel lived up to its website reading and was excellant the staff were friendly and helpful.
there are plenty of reasturtants we traveled to siena by bus and pisa by train the local transport is well planed see my florence,siena and pisa pages for what we did.

cork 15th april to 18th april 2006

we went to cork with my work colleagues for the easter break we did dublin last year but we all agreed that cork was a better place to visit ,having a more irish feel in and around the city.kinsle was fantastic my wife and isaid the next time we visit ireland we will stay in kinsale see my cork ,kinsle and blarney castle pages for what we did

• Intro Updated Aug 24, 2006

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2007 at 4:52 PM

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a long life full of wonderful travels.

• davesut's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2007 at 1:27 PM

Happy Birthday from sunny Manchester. Hope you emjoyed Morocco

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2007 at 1:05 PM

Happy Birthday from sunny California!

• MikeStarr5's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2007 at 2:16 AM

Happy Birthday from Mike and Shelley in sunny "Barking Town" - Woof, Woof !

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2006 at 11:31 AM

Greeting from Montreal, I would like to wish you many blessings on your special day and always. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHEERS!!...Donna :)

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2006 at 7:08 AM

Ancient history? You would love Syria then: the 2 oldest cities in the world and wonderful classical sites, like Palmyra and Apamea, as well as the magnificent Crusader castles.

• sunlovey's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2006 at 6:31 AM

Oh I'm so happy you found them helpful. I came back with that intention, to create tips that I wish were here on VT before I left. I do plan to add more, I've just been so swamped at work! :-)

• Feb 26, 2006 at 6:57 AM

Hi - thanks for your comments on my Ephesus page. I hope it inspires you to write about your own visit. regards Martin

• Marpessa's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2006 at 4:56 AM

Hi, thank you for your comments on my Florence page - hope you enjoy your trip there! :) Cassie

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2006 at 12:40 AM

Hi, Thanks for your kind comments on my Marrakesh page. Looks like You are following in my footsteps-M'kesh, Essaouira then Granada! Happy Travelling, Sue x

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

stemc

“where ever i lay my hat”

Real Name