"Margarita Island" Isla Margarita by marshadfern
Isla Margarita Travel Guide: 164 reviews and 483 photos
I visited this Island many years ago and also moved here from the U.S. It is a very beautiful place, the people are very friendly and the atmosphere is different then that of the states. It is very relaxed and slow going here but certainly a great place to live.
This is a picture of a great secluded beach on the Peninsula of Macanao on Margarita Island. This is a very common tourist area for Jeep Tours and scenic rides. Also known for its desert like areas and it's less populated by the locals. One of my favorite things about Macanao is the beaches. There are several all around this area and some are so secluded that it's like having a beach of your own for the day in Margarita!
I personally had a special day as a birthday picnic in Macanao a few years ago. A nice romantic beach picnic always makes a special moment and memory.
El Guamache Port is Margarita's main port of call for all of the Cruiseships coming to Margarita Island Venezuela.
You can do these sorts of things at the port beach:
use jet skis
shaded lawn chairs and have a drink too if you please.
Also you can swim at this beach and many tourists coming off the Ships usually do. Also there are about 150 booths with customs made crafts and jewelery so there is plenty of shopping to be done. Also don't forget to stop by and shop at my good friend Angi's booth # 80, her booth has lots of flower paintings and artistic souvenirs. Pretty girl with lots of freckles.(:^)
- Pros:warm caribbean sun, gentle breeze, friendly people, hey its an ISLAND need I say more :)
- Cons:Some products have to be imported or else they just dont have it, takes longer and have you to wait on this or that sometimes ...I guess patience is a virtue here.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful Island ...don't miss out on it ..come and see it for yourself!
Margaritenos themselves are very friendly people, but if you ever notice when you walk into a business or any place they... more travel advice
I wrote this in a reply to someone's question else where but felt I should add it here too..... Card fraud yes that... more travel advice
marshadfern's Related Pages
Isla Margarita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The sunset isle"
- "Caribbean beauty"
- "Margarita Island, a quick look"
- "Isla Margaria - Pearl of the Carribean"
- "Isla Margarita"
- "Loved it"
- "Margarita Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Margarita
- Hotels in Isla Margarita
- Transportation in Isla Margarita
- Nightlife in Isla Margarita
- Restaurants in Isla Margarita
- Shopping in Isla Margarita
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla Margarita
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Margarita
- 8 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Isla Margarita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Margarita
Photos in Isla MargaritaSee All Photos (29)
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (2)
No friends yet.