"Home to Alyeska - Alaska's Premier Skiing Resort" Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood by RickinDutch
Girdwood Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 167 photos
What a difference an hour's drive can make! Located along stunning Turnagain Arm, Girdwood is a charming little community in the shadow of Alyeska Ski Resort and so very different from Anchorage. Alaska has a few ski areas, but Alyeska is the big resort. A world class mountain, the town is packed during the winter with skiiers and snowboarders, and the perfect rustic hideaway in the summer. I say packed in the Alaskan way - you may have to stop at the stop sign to let another car go by. Winter or summer, it is one of my favorite places to go to unwind and kick back.
The Alyeska Hotel is a four star luxurious hotel with well appointed rooms, several restaurants, and a nice little bar. And what food critics say is the best steak in the U.S. can be found at the Double Musky Inn. The heavily wooded valley has many chalets for rent and then there are plenty of B&Bs if you like company.
Available through the concierge at the Alyeska Prince Hotel or direcet with Alaska Paragliding, this looks like a great... more travel advice
Summer or winter, the ride up the Tramway is a great experience. The views of the valley and all the way out to... more travel advice
RickinDutch's Related Pages
Girdwood Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Girdwood Alaska and My Alyeska"
- "Home to Alyeska - Alaska's Premier Skiing Resort"
- "Jumping onto a Glacier with a Chopper in Girdwood"
- "Girdwood - a year-round resort close to Anchorage"
- "Ski town of Alaska"
- "Brief excursion into Girdwood"
- "Uber Sleazy, Uber Rich Side by Side"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Girdwood
- Hotels in Girdwood
- Transportation in Girdwood
- Nightlife in Girdwood
- Restaurants in Girdwood
- Shopping in Girdwood
- Warnings and Dangers in Girdwood
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Girdwood
- 10 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Girdwood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Girdwood
- Posted in Travel Ketchikan Forum "Re: Ketchikan Rainforest..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rent your own cabin in the woods"
- Wrote a Review Tandem Parasailing in Girdwood Sports & Outdoors
- updated a Girdwood Travel Page "Home to Alyeska - Alaska's Premier Skiing Resort"
- Commented on one of yoyosh's Girdwood travel pages
Photos in GirdwoodSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 59 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dutch Harbor Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 26 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 23 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Juneau Intro, 21 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dingle Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limerick Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haines Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos