"Cold Bay" Cold Bay by RickinDutch
Cold Bay Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 20 photos
Once a thriving air base and then a refueling stop for transpacific flights, Cold Bay has shrunk to about 70 folks. Been there quite a bit lately, as that is where PenAir goes when they can't get into Dutch Harbor / Unalaska.
Cold Bay's claim to fame is their huge runways. Two 9,000 foot cross wind with full ILS and CAT III.
On approach to Cold Bay, Mt. Pavlov is a beautiful sight. She is a fairly active volcano rising 8200 feet. She lies about 35 miles east of Cold Bay.
The highest point in the Aluetians is Shishaldin Volcano, a National Natural Landmark, and 9000 feet high.
RickinDutch's Related Pages
Cold Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cold Bay --Not a fishing village."
- "Cold Bay"
- "izembek's new Cold Bay Page"
- "Cold Bay Mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cold Bay
- Hotels in Cold Bay
- Transportation in Cold Bay
- Restaurants in Cold Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Cold Bay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cold Bay
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Cold Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cold Bay
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 59 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dutch Harbor Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 26 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 23 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Juneau Intro, 21 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dingle Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limerick Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haines Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos