Limerick Transportation Tips by RickinDutch Top 5 Page for this destination
Limerick Transportation: 21 reviews and 15 photos
From their web page
Just a few quick tips on driving.
First, a good car rental company I discovered on a package trip a few years back is Dan Dooley Car Rental. For some reason, they aren't well known outside of Ireland but I have found them the cheapest and with a bigger fleet in more locations than the usual majors. On subsequent trips, I've rented from them again and been very happy with them.
Second, if you're not used to driving on the left (See - I didn't say wrong) side, I would recommend paying the extra for an automatic. Shifting with the left hand while learning to think left sided is one task too many, especially in the larger towns.
Thirdly, roundabouts aren't as tough as they look. It takes planning and careful merging to avoid either being stuck circling for hours or upsetting those that know what they're doing. If traffic is heavy - the outside lane is for turning onto the next street (90 degree) or straight (180). The inside lanes are for going either straight thru(180) or the 3rd turnoff (270). On light traffic, things are looser.
Finally, avoid driving in the larger cities (esp. Dublin and Limerick) as much as possible. The roads aren't built for the traffic, finding parking is a pain, and it really cuts into your drinking! Drive to wherever you're staying and use public transport.
Phone: (800) 331-9301
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (13)
RickinDutch's Related Pages
Limerick Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Limerick - She's a Lady"
- "My Mother's Hometown"
- "sorry about this one"
- "Orlikins goes home"
- "Limerick City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Limerick
- Hotels in Limerick
- Transportation in Limerick
- Nightlife in Limerick
- Restaurants in Limerick
- Shopping in Limerick
- Warnings and Dangers in Limerick
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Limerick
- 14 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Limerick?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Limerick
- Posted in Travel Ketchikan Forum "Re: Ketchikan Rainforest..."
- Commented on one of Kristina1701's Limerick tips
- updated a Limerick Travel Page "My Mother's Hometown"
- Uploaded a Photo to "My Mother's Hometown"
- Wrote a Review Always something happening about University of Limerick in Limerick Things to Do
Photos in LimerickSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 59 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dutch Harbor Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 26 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 23 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Juneau Intro, 21 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dingle Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limerick Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haines Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (44)
- King John's Castle- 9 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Bunratty Castle- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- St Mary's Cathedral- 4 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Treaty Stone- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- University of Limerick- 2 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Hunt Musuem- 2 Reviews, 1 Photo
- St.Mary's Cathedral- 2 Reviews, 1 Photo
- Milk Market- 1 Review
- Angela's Ashes tour- 1 Review