Limerick Nightlife Tips by RickinDutch Top 5 Page for this destination
Limerick Nightlife: 36 reviews and 26 photos
Voted best new pub of the year and recommended by Jameson Guide in 2002, Finn's is really two pubs in one. On the ground floor is an upscale classic Irish pub, with a very wide selection on tap, a raised area for musicians on weekends, and a nice class of customer. There is also a mezzanine above for the overflow.
In the basement is an old style country pub with a young crowd most nights.
During the day, Finn's is known for great pub lunches with a wide variety of fare on the menu.
The fact that my cousin Seamus owns the place doesn't cloud my judgement. This place is a class act.
I just heard they sold the place in early 2007. No idea how changed it may be since then (or if it even exists anymore).
Dress Code: A bit more upscale than most Limerick pubs.
Address: 62 William Street.
Directions: Downtown Limerick.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
This pub is small and intimate with local musicians playing traditional music and a peat fire going in the winter. My cousin John took us here one night because it is right next door to the alley my mother grew up on and we had worked up a thirst searching for her old house which we found out had been torn down.
The sights, sounds and smells blended together to creat an image in my mid of what it was like here 70 years ago when my mom probably ducked in for a pint.
About 30 people in the room and it was packed. Come early unless you don't mind standing.
Dress Code: Dress was casual.
Address: Denmark Street
Directions: In the Old Quarter, just around the corner from the flower market.
More Reviews (12)
RickinDutch's Related Pages
Limerick Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Limerick - She's a Lady"
- "My Mother's Hometown"
- "sorry about this one"
- "Orlikins goes home"
- "Limerick City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Limerick
- Hotels in Limerick
- Transportation in Limerick
- Nightlife in Limerick
- Restaurants in Limerick
- Shopping in Limerick
- Warnings and Dangers in Limerick
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Limerick
- 14 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Limerick?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Limerick
- Posted in Travel Seward Forum "Re: seward vs homer may 9-13 2014"
- Commented on one of Kristina1701's Limerick tips
- updated a Limerick Travel Page "My Mother's Hometown"
- Uploaded a Photo to "My Mother's Hometown"
- Wrote a Review Always something happening about University of Limerick in Limerick Things to Do
Photos in LimerickSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anchorage Intro, 59 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dutch Harbor Intro, 44 reviews, 55 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 26 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodiak Intro, 23 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Juneau Intro, 21 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dingle Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limerick Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haines Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Girdwood Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (43)
- King John's Castle- 8 Reviews, 10 Photos
- St Mary's Cathedral- 5 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Bunratty Castle- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Treaty Stone- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- St.Mary's Cathedral- 3 Reviews, 6 Photos
- University of Limerick- 2 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Hunt Musuem- 2 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Angela's Ashes tour- 1 Reviews, 0 Photos