Limerick Nightlife Tips by RickinDutch Top 5 Page for this destination

Limerick Nightlife: 36 reviews and 26 photos

Finn's Pub - Limerick

Finn's Pub

Finn's: Best Pub in Limerick

Voted best new pub of the year and recommended by Jameson Guide in 2002, Finn's is really two pubs in one. On the ground floor is an upscale classic Irish pub, with a very wide selection on tap, a raised area for musicians on weekends, and a nice class of customer. There is also a mezzanine above for the overflow.
In the basement is an old style country pub with a young crowd most nights.
During the day, Finn's is known for great pub lunches with a wide variety of fare on the menu.

The fact that my cousin Seamus owns the place doesn't cloud my judgement. This place is a class act.

I just heard they sold the place in early 2007. No idea how changed it may be since then (or if it even exists anymore).

Dress Code: A bit more upscale than most Limerick pubs.

Address: 62 William Street.

Directions: Downtown Limerick.

Theme: Eating and Drinking

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Apr 4, 2011
Nancy Blakes: Traditional Music & a Peat Fire

This pub is small and intimate with local musicians playing traditional music and a peat fire going in the winter. My cousin John took us here one night because it is right next door to the alley my mother grew up on and we had worked up a thirst searching for her old house which we found out had been torn down.
The sights, sounds and smells blended together to creat an image in my mid of what it was like here 70 years ago when my mom probably ducked in for a pint.
About 30 people in the room and it was packed. Come early unless you don't mind standing.

Dress Code: Dress was casual.

Address: Denmark Street

Directions: In the Old Quarter, just around the corner from the flower market.

Theme: Nightclub

• Written Oct 28, 2005

RickinDutch

“Enough castles for today - where's the pub?”

Badges & Stats in Limerick

Have you been to Limerick?

Latest Activity in Limerick