"My biased viewpoint" Top 5 Page for this destination Windsor by Tdiver

Windsor Travel Guide: 417 reviews and 1,108 photos

My old home town

It would take me hours to explain all as i lived there for 35+ years.Windsor will give you a great deal of information although my pages are probably more detailed in areas, plus this MAP will help you with your parking, be warned there are lots of wardens checking for unlawfully parked vehicles.
Or check the local events BBC Berkshire
I've picked out a lot of my favourite things especially the pubs and put them on the things to do pages, so enjoy.

A little known fact was that Windsor once had an underground station,alas it was only used for 2 years until the service was stopped.1883-1885.Check this site if you don't believe me.
Windsor Underground
Windsor has 2 stations, remarkable for it's size, so don't get confused and go to the wrong one. Central for Slough/Paddington, Riverside for Waterloo and Victoria.
SLOUGH TRAIN DEPARTURES
WATERLOO TRAIN DEPARTURES
700/701/702 BUSES TO VICTORIA
BUSES TO HEATHROW 71/77

I have put in all the hotels and guest houses which you can find on other web sites but as you will see,some have been sold off and others demolished,so as of January 2008 this was the way it stood as to accomodation in Windsor.Englefield Green if you ever come across it as being in Windsor is not.

• Pros:Close to London and Heathrow airport,good rail links,and bus links from heathrow bus terminal,direct bus from Windsor to heathrow.
  • Cons:Plane noise is a nuisance but you soon learn to ignore it.
  • In a nutshell:You'll love it's village atmosphere
  • Last visit to Windsor: Jan 2008
  • Intro Updated Apr 14, 2008

• chai_cat's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2010 at 5:08 AM

mozzarella joes, closed

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2009 at 11:33 AM

131 restaurants! It will take a year to try all of these. :-)

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2009 at 5:55 AM

Thanks for some great Windsor tips they'll prove to be very helpful when I visit

• Jun 26, 2007 at 3:46 AM

I have been to this old tradional english cafe and had there famous Irish Stew and it was lovely. They also sell british antiques. A must visit

• craic's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2007 at 5:53 AM

it must be a glitch - it says you have 328 tips and 446 pics for windsor i can tell you how to sort it - if you want me to

• Mar 26, 2007 at 1:35 PM

Wonderful tips for tourists who have not a chance to stay long. Great amount of work! it is nice to find accurate details as well...

• Feb 11, 2007 at 9:29 AM

I have been to this restuarant and they serve superb food their fish is to die for ,would definatley recommend anyone visit whilst in windsor

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2007 at 5:48 AM

Fantastic page with lots of local flavour! :)

• zuriga's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2006 at 9:43 AM

Thanks for the tips... am now living not far away in Leatherhead!

• May 6, 2006 at 8:53 PM

Great tips. I remember Windsor fondly, I was there only for a few days in 2003, stayed at Cumberland Lodge with my class.

Tdiver

“Found I haven't what looking for am i.”

Badges & Stats in Windsor

Have you been to Windsor?

Latest Activity in Windsor